PhD Research Fellowship in Numerical Modeling. University of Oslo is offering PhD Research Fellowship within the Tight Rocks project. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Oslo | Norway
Field(s): The focus of this position will be the study of the stress evolution and mechanical properties of tight rocks. Special emphasis will be given to the role of material heterogeneities in general and anisotropy in particular.
Deadline: 30 September 2013.
Funded By: University of Oslo in Norway
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): PhD Research Fellowship in Numerical Modeling is targeted for International applicants.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The fellowship is for a period of up to 4 years, with 25 % compulsory work. Starting date is no later than 01.11.2013.
‣ Scholarship covers: Pay grade: 50 – 57 (NOK 421 100 – 473 400 per year).
‣ PGP, Physics of Geological Processes, at the Department of Geosciences has an opening for a PhD position within the Tight Rocks project funded by Statoil.
‣ The focus of this position will be the study of the stress evolution and mechanical properties of tight rocks.
‣ Special emphasis will be given to the role of material heterogeneities in general and anisotropy in particular.
‣ The candidate will develop and use analytical and/or numerical methods.
PhD Research Fellowship in Numerical Modeling
‣ The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty.
‣ Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
‣ Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in geology, geophysics, physics, or mechanical engineering.
‣ The purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree.
‣ The fellowship requires admission to the PhD programme at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences.
‣ The application to the PhD programme must be submitted to the department no later than two months after taking up the position.
‣ A good command of English is required.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ The application must include:
‣ Scholarship Applications are Due on 30 September 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
You may also like