PhD International Dissertation Research Fellowship in the field of humanities and social sciences for international students, 2012 USA
Level:PhD Dissertation Research
Fields:Humanities and social sciences
Deadline: 07 November 2012
Funded by: SSRC
Beneficiaries: Open to International Students
Benefits: Please see below the web.
- PhD Research Fellowship in the field of humanities and social sciences for international students, 2012 USA
- The Mellon International Dissertation Research Fellowship (IDRF) offers nine to twelve months of support to graduate students in the humanities and humanistic social sciences who are enrolled in PhD programs in the United States and conducting dissertation research on non-US topics. Eighty fellowships are awarded annually.
- Fellowship amounts vary depending on the research plan, with a per-fellowship average of $20,000.
- The fellowship includes participation in an SSRC-funded interdisciplinary workshop upon the completion of IDRF-funded research.
- Applicants from select disciplines within the humanities (Art History, Architectural History, Classics, Drama/Theater, Film Studies, Literature, Performance Studies, Philosophy, Political Theory, and Religion) are welcome to request three or more months of funding for international on-site dissertation research (in combination with US-based research, for a total of nine to twelve months of funding).
- All other applicants (for instance, those in Anthropology, Geography, History, Political Science, and Sociology, among others) must request nine to twelve months of on-site, site-specific dissertation research with a minimum of six months of research outside of the United States.
- Online, The IDRF application must be filled out online and can be accessed through the SSRC Online Application Portal.
- You will also use this portal to contact your referees and language evaluator(s), complete the research relevance section, upload your research proposal and bibliography, and send reminders to referees and language evaluators.
- The reference letters and language evaluation(s) must also be submitted online by the same deadline.
- The program is open to graduate students in the humanities and social sciences
- regardless of citizenship
- enrolled in PhD programs in the United States.
- Applicants to the 2013 IDRF competition must complete all PhD requirements except on site research by the time the fellowship begins or by December 2013, whichever comes first.
For more Information, please visit:
For Informal enquiries, please contact:
You may also be Interested:
- Hans Böckler Foundation Phd scholarships in the University of Tübingen,Labour and Social Policy in the European Union, Germany.
- 2012 PhD Studentship in Environmental Analytical Chemistry at Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, 2012 Sweden
- PhD Scholarship in Stochastic Analysis and Mathematical Finance, Australia2013
- 2013 Quentin Bryce Law Doctoral Scholarship at University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- Friede Springer Doctoral Scholarships at the Center for Advanced Studies in Management (CASiM), Germany 2012
- 2013 Prestige PhD Bursary Crops/Food Cluster in the University of the Free State ,South Africa
- PhD scholarship for International Students at University of Camerino School of Advanced Studies, Italy 2012
- 2012Marie-Curie PhD D Fellowship Positions in Computer Science at The Laboratory for Internet Computing, Department of Computer Science, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
- Next Generation Social Sciences in Africa United States
- 2013/14 PhD Fellowship for international students at Hong Kong’s institutions
- Visiting Doctoral Student Program(doctoral students enrolled in a Canadian university)
- KAAD Scholarships for Developing Countries/Germany
- The Microsoft Research Graduate Women’s Scholarship/USA
Note: Please, help by pressing the face book like button to viral the post viewed by others !!!