PhD Positions in Optics . ICFO – The Institute of Photonic Sciences in collaboration with the University Politecnica de Catalunya – BarcelonaTech (UPC) invites application for PhD fellowship to well-qualified graduate students who wish to obtain a doctoral degree in any of the photonics-related research fields. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): ICFO – The Institute of Photonic Sciences | Spain
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): The fellowship is awarded in any of the Photonics-related research fields. Research lines include, but are not limited to:
Deadline: September 30, 2013.
Funded By: ICFO – The Institute of Photonic Sciences, in collaboration with the University Politecnica de Catalunya – BarcelonaTech (UPC)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): PhD Positions in Optics is targeted for International applicants.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration:
‣ Scholarship covers:
‣ ICFO – The Institute of Photonic Sciences, in collaboration with the Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya – BarcelonaTech (UPC), is offering predoctoral fellowships to well-qualified graduate students who wish to obtain a doctoral degree in any of the photonics-related research fields.
‣ Research lines include, but are not limited to:
The ICFO-UPC PhD Fellowship Program welcomes applications from individuals with backgrounds in any scientific disciplines related to optics and Photonics. PhD Positions in Optics.
‣ Candidates must have obtained an equivalent to 300 ECTS in their previous studies, out of which a minimum of 60 ECTS must have been obtained in postgraduate studies.
‣ An internationally-recognized Master-equivalent degree is compulsory for starting PhD-studies in Spain.
‣ The degree must be in a field of science and engineering related to optics and photonics.
‣ Suitable backgrounds include optics, physics, mathematics, electronics, engineering, chemistry and biology.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ The deadline for submission of applications for the present call is September 30, 2013.
‣ Applicants will be notified the results of the first evaluation stage by October 31, 2013. If an applicant has been selected for the second evaluation stage, the interested group leaders of ICFO will contact personally with that candidate in order to determine research interests or suitability of the candidate for the interested research group.
‣ This second evaluation period is designated to be finished ideally by November 30, 2013.
‣ All candidates will be notified of the decision in their case. In case of positive evaluation, the candidate will receive an official offer from the ICFO.
‣ The selected candidate will have 2 weeks to confirm his/ her decision. Please note that candidates should be willing to be contacted by phone during the entire selection process.
You may also like