PhD Positions for International Students in Neuroscience, Mathematics & Physics at SISSA, Italy, and applications are submitted till September 01, 2014.The International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA) in Trieste, Italy invites applications for available PhD positions in the areas of Physics, Neuroscience and Mathematics. Fellowship duration is for 3 years, extendable for a fourth year subject to approval by the School authorities and to availability of funds. The yearly amount of the fellowships is, at the moment, of € 15.010,32 gross. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Italy
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): Position is available in the following fields: Astroparticle Physics, Astrophysics, Cognitive Neuroscience, Functional and Structural Genomics, Geometry and Mathematical Physics, Mathematical Analysis, Modelling, and Applications, Neurobiology, Physics and Chemistry of Biological Systems, Statistical Physics, Theoretical Particle Physics and Theory and Numerical Simulation of the Condensed Matter.
Deadline: September 01, 2014.
Funded By: The International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups):PhD Positions for International Students are targeted for International students (non-EU students).
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Position is available for three or four years.
‣ Scholarship covers: All admitted candidates will receive a fellowship of the amount of € 1.135,00 net per month. Students with scholarships from other sources (i.e. China Scholarship Council, Vietnam International Education Development, etc.) even of a lower amount are welcome. SISSA will cover the remaining part up to € 1.135,00. The scholarship covers the following allowances as well: - A contribution towards living expenses of the amount of €100,00 gross per month will be awarded to those who will provide a copy of their rental contract. - A contribution towards the expenses associated with enrollment in the health insurance system of up to € 198,77 per year (non EU students) - A contribution up to € 400,00 for the purchase of a laptop. - A contribution up to € 500,00 for one trip home during the entire course (non-EU students only). - A contribution (70% of the amount of the fellowship for up to 5 months) may be awarded to students who are forced to suspend their activity due to illness, maternity or other serious reasons.
‣ The International School for Advanced Studies in Trieste offers post-graduate training to obtain a “Doctor Philosophiae” (PhD) degree in the fields of Geometry and Mathematical Physics, Mathematical Analysis, Modelling and Applications.
Applicant for PhD Positions for International Students should full fill the following requirements
‣ International students (non-EU students) can also be admitted through a pre selection based on academic qualifications only.
‣ At the end of a three- or four-year course of study research students are admitted to the final examination to obtain the PhD degree, equivalent to the Italian “Dottore di ricerca”.
‣ Students are selected per year through an entrance examination taken place in Trieste; non-EU scholars can also be entered through a pre selection based on academic ability only.
‣ Applications are to be submitted online. Send all the required documents and certificates written in English, Spanish, French or German.
‣ For more details and support, please contact to phd-at-sissa.it.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: There are different deadlines depending on the course (Functional and Structural Genomics, Neurobiology: 09/09/2014, Mathematical Analysis, Modelling, and Applications and Geometry and Mathematical Physics: 01/09/2014, Astroparticle Physics and Theoretical Particle Physics: 20/06/2014, Physics and Chemistry of Biological Systems: 03/06/2014, Statistical Physics: 07/04/2014 and Astrophysics, Cognitive Neuroscience and Numerical Simulation of the Condensed Matter: 31/03/2014) but the most important is 31/03/2014 deadline for the International students for spring preselection 2014/15.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like