PhD Positions at the Faculty of Law in Universiteit van Amsterdam is now announced for candidates who have degree in law. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country):the Faculty of Law , Amsterdam, Universiteit van Amsterdam | The Netherlands
Level: PhD positions
Deadline:1 March 2013
Funded by: the Faculty of Law, Universiteit van Amsterdam
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Scholarship is Open for applicants with a law degree.
Benefits(Value/ Inclusions): full time monthly salary ranges from € 2,042 in the first year to € 2,612 in the final year.
‣ The Faculty of Law, Universiteit van Amsterdam has announced a call for phd positions for candidates with law degree.
‣ The Faculty of Law has an international orientation, which is reflected in its research and education activities.
‣ The Faculty conducts leading international research in five centers of excellence.
‣ It offers three Bachelor’s programs and a number of Master’s programs.
‣ With its 4000 students and 400 staff members, it is one of the largest law faculties in the Netherlands.
‣ The Faculty is located in the center of Amsterdam.
‣ Research will be carried out in one of the Centers of Excellence listed below. Please consult the websites of these centers for more information.
Centers of Excellence
Amsterdam Centre for European Law and Governance (ACELG)
‣ The research focus at the ACELG is on the interaction of formal European law with legal and institutional practices.
‣ ACELG’s research programme is primarily a legal one but takes in addition an empirical and a normative perspective on processes of constitutionalisation and governance.
Amsterdam Center for International Law (ACIL)
‣ The ACIL hosts two research programs:
Centre for the Study of European Contract Law (CSECL)
‣ The CSECL aims to promote high-quality research in the area of European contract law. It understands contract law in a wide and functional sense, i.e. the law of economic transactions.
‣ Its research program focuses on the interplay between the European, national and international laws of contract.
Institute for Information Law (IViR)
‣ The mission of IViR is to further the development of information law into a balanced framework that accommodates the needs and interests of the information society.
‣ The Institute engages in cutting-edge research into fundamental and topical aspects of information law, and provides a forum for critical debate about the social, cultural and political aspects of regulating information markets.
Tasks of the candidates for phd positions
‣ Engage in supervised scientific research that will result in a doctoral thesis;
‣ present intermediate research results at international workshops and conferences, and publish them in proceedings and journals;
‣ contribute to the organization of research activities and events, such as conferences, workshops and joint publications;
‣ candidates may also assist in teaching on subjects relevant to the thesis in the Faculty’s curriculum.
‣ Completed law degree with excellent grades;
‣ excellent analytical, social and organizational skills;
‣ excellent academic writing skills, fluency in English;
‣ ability to work independently;
‣ creative researcher and writer.
Drs. R. Klop
telephone: +31-(0)20-525 4942
‣ The appointment will be either fulltime (38 hours) or 32 hours a week. The starting date is 1 September 2013.
‣ The appointment will initially be for 1 year. Extension of the contract to a maximum of four years is subject to satisfactory performance after the first year.
‣ The gross fulltime monthly salary will be in accordance with the salary scales for PhD candidates at Dutch universities, i.e., ranging from € 2,042 in the first year to € 2,612 in the final year.
‣ Secondary benefits at Dutch universities are attractive and include 8% holiday pay and an 8.3% end of year bonus.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ To apply for PhD positions, please consult the website of the research center you are interested in.
‣ You can apply by submitting the following documents, (in pdf or word) in English before 1 March 2013:
‣ Letter of motivation
‣ PhD proposal of maximum 1200 words excluding literature references. Please include your name, the research center of which the proposed project will be part, project title, research question(s) / aim(s), method and approach and literature references
‣ Curriculum Vitae
‣ Proof of your Master’s degree, including grade transcripts of Bachelor and Master. If you have not completed your degree at the time of application, please provide a statement from your supervisor confirming the expected date of
‣ completion of your degree
‣ The names of two academic referees with contact information
‣ Applications may be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Faculty of Law, attn. Dr. P.M. Kwantes, Director of the Faculty
P.O. Box 1030
‣ Only complete applications will be considered. Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt and will be notified on the outcome of the application by 30 March 2013 at the latest.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like
Share Online ; If you can, help others.
Note: Please, help by pressing the face book like button to viral the post viewed by others !!!