PhD Position in Population Genomics is announced for application at Uppsala University in Sweden. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Uppsala University | Sweden
Level: Doctoral(PhD) Degree
Field(s): Human Population Genomics
Deadline: 28 February 2013.
Funded by: Uppsala University
Beneficiaries(Target Group): PhD student Position is Open for Swedish students.
Benefit( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ Scholarship Duration:The PhD training comprises four years of full time research and studies. The successful candidate will receive a fellowship the first year and a PhD-student position year 2-4.
‣ Scholarship covers: The successful candidate will receive a fellowship the first year and a PhD-student position year 2-4. The position can be combined with up to 20% of teaching assistantship, which will then prolong the position accordingly.
‣ The PhD position will be part of Dr. Mattias Jakobsson’s lab at the Evolutionary Biology Center.
‣ The Jakobsson lab has a broad interest in population genetics and human evolution and use a combination of mathematical studies of population genetic models and computational approaches to understand the complex patterns of large-scale human genetic variation and their implications for human demographic history.
‣ In particular, the research focuses on understanding population history and human evolution using genetic information from both recent and ancient individuals, developing statistical methods for analyzing large genomic data, and searching for genes targeted by selection.
‣ There are ample opportunities to work closely with postdocs and other PhD students in the lab that focus on related projects, such as southern Africa and ancient DNA projects.
‣ The research environment is international with English being the working language.
To be considered for PhD Position in Population Genomics , candidates need to meet the following criteria:
‣ An MSc or possibly a BSc degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field is required.
‣ The ideal candidate is highly motivated with thorough education and strong interest in evolutionary genetics/genomics, population genetics and human evolution.
‣ Previous experience with large-scale genetic data analysis, bioinformatics, and programming is advantageous.
‣ Mathematical, computational and statistical training is also advantageous. Candidates must be fluent in English.
Scholarship Application Methods
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by February 28st 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like