PhD Position in Transnational Social Welfare for Migrants and their Families Back Home, and Contact employer for the application deadline. TRANSMIC project, the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences is recruiting a PhD researcher to work on a project on transnational social welfare of migrants and their families back home with a special focus on African migrants living in Europe. The first year will be a probation period, after a positive assessment the position will be extended with another 2 years. Each year the standard salary is supplemented with a holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Europe
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): Arts and Social Sciences.
Deadline: Contact employer
Funded By: EURAXESS Services Centres
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): PhD Position in Transnational Social Welfare is targeted for all countries applicants.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Position is offered for 3 year.
‣ Scholarship covers: The first year will be a probation period, after a positive assessment the position will be extended with another 2 years. You will be employed by the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. Compensation will be according to standard salary levels for PhD students starting with a salary of € 2083,- with a yearly growth to € 2664, gross a month (based on a full-time appointment.) Each year the standard salary is supplemented with a holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
‣ This project , PhD Position in Transnational Social Welfare for Migrants and their Families Back Home, will use a multi-sited research design in which both destination and origin countries are studied.
‣ It is closely linked to another project in the TRANSMIC ITN based at the University of Aix-Marseille in which transnational social welfare between migrants from Latin America to Europe are studied.
‣ It is expected that the two researchers will work in close collaboration with each other, including stays at each other’s universities, and will be jointly supervised by the lead researchers in both universities, Prof. V. Mazzucato and Dr. V. Baby-Collin.
‣ The candidate has an MA degree in anthropology, geography, development studies or other related social science with a preference for a 2-year Masters degree.
‣ The successful candidate will have a strong background in qualitative research methods; experience in conducting research in the Global South, preferably in Africa; a proven interest in development and/or migration studies; excellent English writing skills.
‣ Strong analytical capacity;
‣ Good organizational skills;
‣ Affinity with work in an interdisciplinary and highly international environment;
‣ Excellent writing skills in English;
‣ Willingness and proven ability to work in a team; -Willingness to relocate to (the vicinity of) Maastricht.
‣ Applicants are required to Contact employer for the application methods and procedures.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Contact employer
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.