PhD Position in Fiber Devices for International Students in Canada , and Contact Employer for application deadline. Applications are invited for PhD Position in the field of optical fiber transmissions and fiber devices at the department of electrical and computer engineering, Laval University. International students with background in either physics or electrical engineering are welcomed for to apply. A scholarship is available for a PhD student ($24,000/year + payment of foreign tuition fees). Applicants should send their resume, academic record and the name of three references to Prof. Sophie LaRochelle.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
Level: PhD programme
Field(s): optical fiber transmissions and fiber devices.
Deadline: Contact Employer
Funded By: European Commission (Innovative optical fibers for next generation communication systems) and COPL and the Liphy, Interdisciplinary Physics Laboratory (Ultrafast fiber lasers for information processing)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): PhD Position in Fiber Devices are targeted for International students
‣ Award No: Position is awarded for the duration of three years.
‣ Scholarship Duration: not known
‣ Scholarship covers: Position is available for PhD studies: $24,000/year for three years (+ payment of foreign tuition fees).
‣ Innovative optical fibers for next generation communication systems: For this PhD Position in Fiber Devices project, the team will study the transmission of information channels over various modes within an optical fiber specifically designed to reduce mode coupling during propagation.
‣ They are looking for a student eager to contribute to the design of these new fibers and to the study of crosstalk between signals simultaneously transmitted over several modes.
‣ The work will consist in modelling as well as in experimentally characterizing the fiber and will be performed in the Optical Communications Laboratory under the supervision of Professor Sophie LaRochelle, at the Centre for Optics, Photonics and Lasers.
‣ This project is part of an international collaboration under the Horizon 2020 Program funded by the European Commission.
‣ It involves several international partners.
‣ Ultrafast fiber lasers for information processing: A student eager to contribute to the field of ultrafast laser science and its applications are called.
‣ The work will be performed at the Optical Communications Laboratory under the supervision of Professor Sophie LaRochelle, at the Centre for Optics, Photonics and Lasers (COPL).
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please send your academic record, resume, and the name of three references to Prof. LaRochelle at sophie.larochelle-at-gel.ulaval.ca.
‣ Students with background in either Physics or Electrical Engineering are welcomed to apply.
‣ Please note that there is no post-doctoral fellow position or internship position available.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : Contact Employer
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.