PhD in Molecular Biology. Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB) is inviting applications for international PhD programme in Molecular Biology. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB)| Germany
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): Positions are available in Molecular Biology - “Proteomic investigations of ubiquitin signals in DNA repair and chromatin organization”.
Deadline: 25 November 2013.
Funded By: Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): This PhD in Molecular Biology programme is targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Positions are available for a period of 3 years, with the possibility of extension.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Institute will offer:
PhD in Molecular Biology
‣ International PhD Programme on the “Dynamics of Gene Regulation, Epigenetics and DNA Damage Response” gives talented and enthusiastic students the opportunity to undertake PhD research at the cutting edge of modern biology.
‣ Groups cover a broad range of expertise and include leading biochemists, geneticists, cell and developmental biologists who study the molecular mechanisms of embryonic development, ageing and disease; bioinformaticians and systems biologists who analyse high-throughput datasets and model regulatory gene networks; and applied physicists who develop ground breaking super-resolution microscopes.
‣ This range of expertise and the open and vibrant atmosphere within the Programme encourages multidisciplinary collaborations and innovative research. Moreover, a range of scientific and social events are organised to ensure high levels of exchange and collaboration between the participating groups.
To avail PhD in Molecular Biology, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ As IMB is an international institution the first criterion for eligibility is that you are able to communicate in English, which is our working language. Secondly, you should have prior experience in a research environment and have, or be about to complete, a Masters or equivalent degree.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ As the form cannot be saved, it is strongly advised you to prepare and save this information separately before you begin. Texts can then be pasted into the form as required.
‣ The application must be completed in English. Also require two reference letters to be sent directly.
‣ Your two referees should complete the standard IPP reference form found here and return it directly to the IPP coordinator (Email).
‣ It is up to you to download this form and send it to your referees. Please ensure that the reference letters should be received prior to the application deadline!
‣ Scholarship Applications are due one 25 November 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ Shortlisted students will be invited to Mainz for interviews. Next Interview Days will be February 9th to 11th 2014.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Biology, germany, International, PhD
Your first paragraph ...