PhD in Industrial Organization- Economics of the Internet is offered by University of Liege in France for candidates with a Master’s degree in same discipline. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Liege | Belgium
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): Industrial Organization - Economics of the Internet
Deadline: August 31, 2013
Funded By: University of Liege
Beneficiaries(Target Groups):PhD in Industrial Organization- Economics of the Internet is targeted for candidates with a Master’s degree in Economics.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: four years beginning in October 2013
‣ Scholarship covers: a monthly net salary of approximately 1,600 €+full benefits.
‣ The University of Liege (ULg) opens a PhD in Industrial Organization – Economics of the Internet – for a duration of four years beginning in October 2013.
‣ This PhD position is part of a broader research project on competition and innovation hosted by the Liege Competition and Innovation Institute (LCII), a joint research center of the Law Faculty and the Economics department.
‣ The successful candidate will join a group of economists and lawyers conducting high quality research on competition policy, intellectual property, innovation and economic performance.
‣ The candidate is expected to follow doctoral courses and defend a PhD thesis within four years.
‣ Laboratory facilities and funds to support research are available. The PhD will be supervised by Prof. Axel Gautier.
More information about the LCII of the University of Liege can be found here
To be eligible for Doctoral in Industrial Organization , candidates must meet the following critreria:
‣ Candidates should hold a good Master’s degree in Economics and demonstrate strong motivation for research in industrial organization.
‣ We expect highly-motivated candidates whose academic and/or professional experience are in line with the goals of the project.
‣ In particular we seek candidates who are interested in economics of ICT, networks and industrial organization and/or with a documented experience in competition policy.
‣ The contract is for two years, renewable once and carries full benefits (annual premium, intervention for public transport, …) and a monthly net salary of approximately 1,600 €, depending on experience. No teaching service demanded, proficiency in English is required, skills in French are welcome but not a necessity.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants should send their CV, two letters of recommendation and a letter of motivation to the following e-mail address email@example.com.
‣ The deadline for application is August 31. The position starts in October 2013 although later entry is possible.
Further information about the position can be obtained from
You may also like