Phandulwazi nge China Scholarship Programme for Visiting Scholars from Africa, and applications are submitted till 30 June 2015. Phandulwazi nge China (isiXhosa for Understanding China) scholarships offer opportunities for African researchers to spend research time at the Centre for Chinese Studies (CCS). The scholarship involves a fully funded 3-month visit at the CCS at Stellenbosch University, in the second half of 2015, including a fully funded short research trip to China during the stay at the CCS. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | South Africa
Level: to researchers for 3-month visit at the Centre for Chinese Studies (CCS).
Field(s): Scholarship is awarded for studying Phandulwazi nge China (isiXhosa for Understanding China).
Deadline: 30 June 2015
Funded By: The Centre for Chinese Studies (CCS)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Phandulwazi nge China Scholarship is targeted for African researchers (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for this scholarship.
‣ No. of awards: not specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : not known
‣Value of Scholarship : The scholarship involves:
‣ Phandulwazi nge China (isiXhosa for Understanding China) scholarships offer opportunities for African researchers to spend research time at the Centre for Chinese Studies (CCS).
‣ The aim of the Phandulwazi nge China Scholarship programme is to advance mutual learning and a better exchange on interpretations of the impact of Chinese engagement in Africa, expanding the African knowledge base. The Phandulwazi nge China scholarship targets citizens of African states from academia or the broader civil society with a proven research interest in China-Africa relations.
‣ The programme particularly addresses African scholars who are preparing for a stay in China or are returning from a longer stay in China. With the scholarship, African citizens are supported to continue working on China and China-Africa relations and to deepen their analytical work.
‣ Be a citizen of an African state.
‣ Have a strong social science, humanities, law or economics background.
‣ Be diligent and reliable in their work and have proven strong writing and research skills.
‣ (Basic) Mandarin language skills are not prerequisite, but will be an asset in the application.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please send all application documents to bngrobler-at-sun.ac.za.
‣ Applications must include a full CV (max. 3 pages) and motivation letter of no more than 500 words.
‣ A brief research outline (max. 750 words), with clear title, research question, abstract and methodology.
‣ In addition to the research outline, include a short literature review and bibliography (max. 500 words excluding the bibliography)
‣ Applications should indicate institutional affiliation
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 June 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more Information about Phandulwazi nge China Scholarship