Pasteur-Paris University International Doctoral Program in France, and applications are submitted till November 20. The Pasteur – Paris University International Doctoral Program (PPU) program is inviting applications from worldwide applicants. This doctoral program is for students who have obtained or will obtain a Master degree in the life sciences from a non-French University. All students accepted into the program will receive a salary for living expenses, health insurance and paid tuition. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Pasteur Institute, Paris, France
courses proposed to the students are proposed as well to
post-doctoral fellows and professionals.
Field(s): The titles of PhD projects and the names of the laboratory heads and thesis directors are listed on the Pasteur Institute website. For each project, there is a direct link to a description of the project proposal with contact information. The first step is to apply to the thesis director of the project(s) of interest by sending a CV and a letter of motivation. You may apply to more than one since each thesis director must choose just one candidate to present to the Admissions committee.
Deadline: November 20
Funded By: Pasteur Institute, France
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Pasteur-Paris University International Doctoral Program is targeted for Doctoral program is open for international students.
About 15 to 20 can apply for this doctoral program.
duration of this program is 36 months.
covers all the topics described in the projects listed on the
Pasteur-Paris University International Doctoral Program aims to meet
the highest standards for education and training of Ph.D. students in
the world. While spending most of the time working in the individual
research projects in a laboratory at Institut Pasteur, students
benefit from excellent scientific courses and professional
students will also be able to attend exciting seminars and
participate in interactive workshops, annual retreats and journal
students within this program will be well supported by the staff for
the students’ scientific education and to provide assistance in any
practical matters. A thesis advisory committee (TAC) will follow the
students’ research progress and will offer guidance as needed in
addition to that provided by the laboratory in which the student is
program offers a salary covering living costs and including health
insurance. The program also offers assistance in obtaining housing
upon arrival in France.
support for attending international conferences or summer courses
will also be provided.
‣ All students accepted into the program will receive a salary for living expenses, health insurance and paid tuition.
‣ The program is run in English and knowledge of French is not required. Eligibility criteria are listed on the website (see “Application information” and “FAQ”).
Selection criteria for Pasteur-Paris University International Doctoral Program
‣ The application process consists of three steps: (i) the candidate must select and be selected by a host laboratory, keeping in mind that each advisor can present only one candidate. ; (ii) applications are filled out by the candidate together with the host laboratory and are submitted by host laboratories.
‣ Applications are evaluated by an Admissions committee that selects candidates for an interview at the Pasteur Institute; (iii) these candidates are invited for a four-day interview on the Pasteur Institute campus and present their past and future works to the Admissions committee (see the details in application information).
‣ Candidates will be notified by mid-December whether they are accepted or not for the interviews scheduled in February 9-12, 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The first step is to identify and contact a host lab in which you would be interested in doing your Ph.D. research. The list of labs participating in the call 2016 is posted on Pasteur Institute website.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The deadline for the application is on November 20. Laboratories may be contacted from now until November 6th, the sooner the better.
‣ The full applications, prepared jointly by the candidate and the laboratory, are due November 20. Interviews of selected candidates will take place February 9-12, 2016. Start of the PhD: October 3rd, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.