Pasteur Institute Doctoral Grants for French and Foreign Scientists , and applications are submitted till 30th September 2015. Pasteur Institute offers doctoral grants for young scientists for a period of three years. Doctoral students should be enrolled at the doctoral school to which the host laboratory is affiliated, which can belong to a university in France or abroad. Internship should be completed outside their home country or the country where they attended university. The applicant should hold a masters degree or equivalent diploma (completion of 5 years of higher education). The funding covers living and insurance expenses (€1,400 net per month). One return fare between the home country and internship location is also funded. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | France and Abroad (outside applicant’s home country)
Level: Grants are available for pursuing research programme.
Field(s): The research topic can be related to any theme developed in laboratories at International Network institutes, such as infectious diseases (infectious pathophysiology, immunology, microbiology, epidemiology, virology, parasitology), and public health activities (diagnosis, surveillance, resistance, etc.).
Deadline: 30th September 2015.
Funded By: Pasteur Institute, France
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Pasteur Institute Doctoral Grants are targeted for all nationalities
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: Grants are awarded for a period of three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Funding covers living and insurance expenses (€1,400 net per month). One return fare between the home country and internship location is also funded.
‣ Each year the Institut Pasteur International Division allocates funding to promote and aid completion of doctoral theses for both French and foreign scientists in institutes of the Institut Pasteur International Network located outside mainland France.
‣ should hold a Masters degree or equivalent diploma (completion of 5 years of higher education). Applicants who have already begun their thesis may not apply.
‣ Doctoral grants aim to promote mobility opportunities for young scientists. The doctoral internship should therefore be completed outside their home country or the country where they attended university.
‣ Doctoral students should be enrolled at the doctoral school to which the host laboratory is affiliated, which can belong to a university in France or abroad.
Selection Criteria for Pasteur Institute Doctoral Grants
‣ A Selection Committee allocates doctoral grants based on the project’s relevance, the internship objectives and the application itself.
‣ Decision notice will be by mid-November.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The first step is to find a host laboratory in the Institut Pasteur International Network (not exhaustive). Important: before submitting his application, the candidate must imperatively define, with the host laboratory, scientific project and starting date of the training.
‣ The online application should include:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30th September 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.