Paris IAS Research Fellowships for International Applicants in France, and applications are submitted till Tuesday, March 1st, 2016, 3:00pm (Paris, France time). Paris Institute for Advanced Studies (IAS) invites high level international scholars and scientists to apply for five or nine months research fellowships, during the academic year 2017-2018. These fellowships are awarded in the fields of the humanities, the social sciences and related fields. Researchers from all countries are eligible. Applicants may request residencies for one of the following periods: September 1st, 2017 to January 31st, 2018 (5 months) ; October 1st, 2017 to June 30th, 2018 (9 months) ; February 1st to June 30th, 2018 (5 months). Applicants who have spent more than a total of 12 months in France during the last 3 years prior to the application are not eligible. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | France
Level: research '9Fellowships are available for scholars and scientists to carry out research.)
Deadline: April 30, 2015.
Funded By: Paris Institute for Advanced Studies (IAS)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Paris IAS Research Fellowships are targeted for Researchers from all countries
‣ Award No: The Paris IAS will host around twenty guest researchers.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are awarded for periods of five or nine months. Applicants may request residencies for one of the following periods: September 1st, 2017 to January 31st, 2018 (5 months) ; October 1st, 2017 to June 30th, 2018 (9 months) ; February 1st to June 30th, 2018 (5 months).
‣ Scholarship covers: -The Paris IAS provides its fellows with a monthly remuneration (or complement of remuneration) and a total or partial coverage of their housing expenses. It also pays for their round-trip ticket to Paris.
‣ The Paris Institute for Advanced Studies welcomes applications from high level international scholars and scientists in the fields of the humanities, the social sciences and related fields for periods of five or nine months, during the academic year 2017-2018 Paris IAS Research Fellowships .
‣ The Paris IAS will host around twenty guest researchers, allowing them to work freely on the project of their choice.
‣ The researchers will benefit from the scientific environment of the Institute and have the opportunity to create contacts with researchers in the academic institutions of Greater Paris.
‣ Researchers from all countries are eligible. Applicants who have spent more than a total of 12 months in France during the last 3 years prior to the application are not eligible.
This call for applications is open to:
‣ Senior university professors or researchers holding a permanent position in a university or research institution and having a minimum of 10 years of full time research experience after their PhD (at the time of the application).
‣ Junior scholars having the status of postdoctoral researcher or holding a position in a university or research institution, and having a minimum of 2 and maximum of 9 years of research experience after the PhD (at the time of the application).
‣ The institute is bilingual. Knowledge of English is required. The applicants are also expected to understand French, as scientific and social activities are held in French and English.
Selection Criteria for Paris IAS Research Fellowships
The main criteria of selection are the same for white and thematic programs:
‣ the scientific quality of the project, its innovative character and its importance for the scientific community;
‣ the career path of the applicant;
‣ the quality of the scientific contacts of the applicants in France, and the applicant’s capacity to collaborate with French scholars and research teams.
‣ Publication of results: End of June 2016
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The application, in English or French, must be submitted via an online application system (IAS’ new website, http://paris-iea.fr/en – platform open on January 15th, 2016).
‣ Paper or e-mail applications are not accepted.The application consists of the following items:
a letter of cooperation signed by a member of a university or research institution based in France. Preference will be given to projects conducted in cooperation with the partners of the IAS (Universities of Paris 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 10, EHESS, EPHE, ENS Cachan, ENS, Paris, FMSH)
a list of four topics on which the applicant could give a lecture during the fellowship
in the case of Junior Fellows (2 to 9 years after the PhD at the time of the application), two letters of recommendation
the name of three experts with whom the applicant has not collaborated in the past who could review the application.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on Tuesday, March 1st, 2016, 3:00pm (Paris, France time)
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.