PAMAPS Postgraduate Scholarship for African Medical and Dental Doctors, and applications are submitted till 31 January, 2015. Applications are invited from African Medical and Dental Doctors for PAMAPS (Postgraduate Academic Mobility for African Physicians-Scientists) project. The PAMAPS Project is a mobility programme in the area of postgraduate medical academic specialities. Scholarships are available to individuals who studied medicine, dentistry and purity clinical-related specialties to pursue postgraduate academic degree outside their country of birth/nationalities. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Nigeria, Ethiopia, South Africa, Kenya and Cameroon (outside applicant’s country of birth/nationalities)
Level: master’s and doctoral programme at the College of Medicine, University of Ibadan (COMUI), College of Medicine, University of Lagos (CMUL), Addis Ababa University (AAU), University of Cape Town (UCT), University of Nairobi, and Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Yaoundé I.
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded for the following programmes: MPH (with tracts in Epidemiology; Health Systems; Clinical Research; Health Economics; Community Eye Health, Emergency Medicine), M.Sc. Audiology, M.Sc. (Medicine in Bioinformatics; Biomedical Engineering; Emergency Medicine), M.Sc. Speech Language Pathology, Master in Biomedical Forensic Science, M.Sc. Biomedical Education, MPH Child and Adolescent Health, MSc. Virology, MSc. Child and Adolescent Mental Health, MPH (Reproductive Health, Public Health Nutrition, Field Epidemiology), M.Sc. Public Health (General Public Health), M.Sc. Public Health (Health Management),
M.Sc. Public Health (Epidemiology), M.Sc. Public Health (Medical Statistics), MPH (General Public Health), M.Sc. Medical Microbiology, M.Sc. Medical Statistics, M.Sc. Infectious Diseases, Ph.D. Virology, Ph.D. Child and Adolescent Health, Doctorate of Philosophy (options in any field of medical sciences) and Ph.D. Infectious Diseases.
Deadline: 31 January, 2015.
Funded By: European Commission
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): PAMAPS Postgraduate Scholarship is targeted for African students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers:The selected applicants will receive scholarship including payment of tuition fees (when applicable), travel costs to and from the host country and a health, travel and accident insurance and monthly stipend, depending on the type of mobility they will carry out.
‣ The PAMAPS Project is a mobility programme in the area of postgraduate medical academic specialities.
‣ The PAMAPS Postgraduate Scholarship project is designed to facilitate movement of Masters Students, PhD students and Staff between selected partner Universities in four regions of Africa (West, Central, East and South).
‣ The project will focus on postgraduate medical education and research as a means of capacity development by making available a variety of postgraduate degrees and research opportunities to students in the field of medical sciences.
‣ These Students and Staff mobility activities have the potential to increase the competitiveness and attractiveness of the participating Universities towards the overall aim of encouraging ‘brain gain’ rather than ‘brain drain’ in Africa.
‣ The selected PAMAPS Postgraduate Scholarship applicants will receive scholarship including payment of tuition fees (when applicable), travel costs to and from the host country and a health, travel and accident insurance and monthly stipend, depending on the type of mobility they will carry out.
‣ For students mobility: In order to be eligible for a PAMAPS scholarship under this Intra-ACP EU funded project, applicant must:
a. Be a national of one of the AFRICAN Countries.
b. Have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses or of one of the official languages of teaching in the hosting countries.
c. Belong to either Target Group I or Target Group II
‣ For academic and administrative staff: The staff mobility, academic and administrative staff, offers additional opportunities of personal and professional development, through the possibility of doing practical training, researching and teaching in a partner institution. This type of mobility always involves the active participation in teaching, research and in the daily life office activities. By submitting his/her application the applicant must be aware not only of the eligibility criteria but also of the tasks that the mobility will demand. In order to be eligible for a PAMAPS scholarship, the academic and administrative staff applying to a mobility scholarship must:
Selection Criteria for PAMAPS Postgraduate Scholarship
‣ The home and host universities of the consortium will work with PAMAPS Mobility Selection Committee to evaluate the applications based upon the following criteria:
‣ Students need to take the following steps, to apply:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 January, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.