Pakistan Scottish Scholarships Scheme for Women in Pakistan , 2014-2015 ,and applications are submitted till 30 September 2014. The Scottish Government is funding Pakistan Scottish scholarships for young women in Pakistan. These scholarships are awarded to pursue Masters’ degree in Pakistani universities. To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates should hold an admissions offer for a one or two-year Masters’ programme at any HEC-recognised university of Pakistan in only the subject areas: Sustainable Energy, Food Security and Agriculture and Education. Award-holders will get the tuition fee for the Master’s courses, University hostel costs, subsistence to the award-holder and travel to and from home to the university, three times a year. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Pakistan
Level: Scholarships are awarded for higher education at the postgraduate level in Pakistani universities.
Field(s): Candidates should hold an admissions offer for a one or two-year Masters’ programme at any HEC-recognized university of Pakistan in only the subject areas: Sustainable Energy, Food Security and Agriculture and Education
Deadline: 30 September 2014.
Funded By: Scottish Government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Pakistan Scottish scholarships Scheme is targeted for Students of Pakistan (Women)
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The award will last the duration of the proposed Masters’ programme.
‣ Scholarship covers: The British Council Pakistan will administer the PS3 in Pakistan and coordinate with the selected scholars for their tuition fee, subsistence and related issues. The Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme (PS3) will facilitate the award-holders with the following incentives: -Tuition fee for the Master’s courses -University hostel costs -Subsistence to the award-holder -Travel to and from home to the university, three times a year
‣ The Pakistan Scottish Scholarship Scheme is a grant funded by the Scottish Government, specifically in order to create opportunities for young women in Pakistan to be able to pursue higher education at the post-graduate level.
‣ The scheme aims to facilitate and provide assistance to young women from disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue a Masters’ degree in Pakistani universities.
‣ The scheme has been initiated in response to the identified need of young women in the country who are deprived of the resources and opportunities to pursue and continue their education, and as a consequence to enable them to contribute positively to their community and society.
‣ Be Pakistani nationals, currently residing in Pakistan;
‣ The PS3 is only for female applicants.
‣ Be no more than 35 years old ;
‣ Planning to undertake a one or two-year Masters’ programme only;
‣ Holding a confirmed offer of admission from a HEC;
‣ recognized university in Pakistan;
‣ Candidates from rural areas are encouraged to apply for the PS3.
‣ Completed applications should be sent via online
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 September 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.