P4hpt PhD and Masters Scholarships for African Students, and applications are submitted till 23:59 GMT on Monday, 5th June, 2017. Partnering for Health Professionals Training in African Universities (P4HPT), an EU funded project under the Intra-ACP Academic Mobility Scheme is offering PhD and masters scholarships for African students. The programme awards scholarships to postgraduate students and staff from various African countries to study at one of the partner institutions. There are 41 full-time Masters Scholarships and 18 full-time PhD Scholarships. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Ghana, Uganda, South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, Burundi, South Sudan, Lesotho and Democratic Republic of Congo
Level: PhD and Masters programme at one of the partner institutions: University of Ghana (Ghana), Makerere University (Uganda), Uganda Martyrs University (Uganda), Stellenbosch University (South Africa), University of Nairobi (Kenya), Moi University (Kenya), Eduardo Mondlane University (Mozambique), University of Burundi (Burundi), University of Juba (South Sudan), University of Lesotho (Lesotho), and Catholic University of Bukavu (Democratic Republic of Congo).
Field(s): MSc./MPhil in Applied Health Social Sciences, M. Phil Anatomy, Master of Nursing (Midwifery and Women’s Health), Masters of Public Health (MPH), MSc. Health Services Management, Masters of Dental Surgery in Peadiatric Dentistry, Masters of dental surgery in Prosthodontics, Master of Dental Surgery in Periodontology, Masters of Dental surgery in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery, Masters in Cytopathology, Masters in Microbiology, Masters in Virology, MSC International Health Research Ethics (masters programme) and for PhD programme in Public Health, Health Sciences, Medical Microbiology, Haematological Pathology.
Deadline: 23:59 GMT on Monday, 5th June, 2017.
Funded By: Partnering for Health Professionals Training in African Universities (P4HPT) an European Commission funded project
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): P4hpt PhD and Masters Scholarships are targeted for Students from Ghana, Uganda, South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, South Sudan, Lesotho (Target Group 1) and all African countries except from partner countries (Target Group 2) can apply for these scholarships.
‣ Award No: There are 41 full-time masters scholarships and 18 full-time PhD scholarships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is awarded for up to 24 months for masters program; 48 months for doctoral program and up to 6 months for staff.
‣ Scholarship covers: The P4hpt PhD and Masters Scholarships cover :
‣ Partnering for Health Professionals Training in African Universities (P4HPT) is an EU-funded project under the Intra-ACP Academic Mobility Scheme which aims at building capacity of health professionals with a view to expand the health workforce size in the target countries and subsequently improve well-being of communities.
‣ Target Group 1: Applicants must be nationals and/or residents in one of the following countries – Ghana, Uganda, South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, South Sudan, Lesotho
‣ Target Group 2: African nationals and residents registered in a higher education institution of African countries not included in the partnership, or who have obtained a higher education institution degree or equivalent from an institution of these countries. Specific countries mentioned are Sudan, Mali, Togo, Cameroon and Zimbabwe,
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Candidates are to complete two (2) applications simultaneously for admission into the programme at the respective institution and for scholarship;
a) Application for Admission – Visit the website of any of the partner institutions for guidelines on how to apply for admission and/or visit www.ug.edu.gh/p4hpt for details to visit application sites of partner institutions.
Scholarships will only be offered to candidates who have gained admission to the respective partner institution.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 23:59 GMT on Monday, 5th June, 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.