Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships for Graduates in UK , and applications are submitted till 6 or 20 January 2017, depending on your course, depending on course. Applications are invited for Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships to undertake graduate degree at Oxford University. Scholarships are available for UK (ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom and from a Muslim community), Asian and African students. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit. Scholarship covers 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs. Awards are made for the full duration of applicants fee liability for the agreed course. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Oxford University | UK
(full-time master’s or DPhil course) programme at Oxford
subjects available within the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies
or 20 January 2017, depending on course
Groups): Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships are targeted for
applicants who are ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom and from
Muslim communities. Students who are ordinarily resident in the
following countries in Asia and Africa are also eligible:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh,
Benin, Brunei Darussalam, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros,
Ivory Coast, Egypt, Djibouti, Gabon, Gambia,
Guinea, Guyana, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Suriname, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan and Yemen Arab Republic
to 5 scholarships are offered.
are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed
scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees and a
grant for living costs (of at least £14,057).
These Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships have been
established by the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies to allow
graduates to pursue study of benefit to the Muslim world.
Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies is a Recognized Independent Centre
of the University of Oxford. It was established in 1985 to encourage
the scholarly study of Islam and the Islamic world. The Centre
provides a meeting point for the Western and Islamic worlds of
learning. At Oxford, it contributes to the multi-disciplinary and
cross-disciplinary study of the Islamic world.
‣ Applicant should be applying to start a new full-time master’s or DPhil course at Oxford.
‣ Applicant must be either ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom and from a Muslim community (with preference given to those from a financially disadvantaged household), or a national of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the eligible countries in Asia and Africa:
‣ Applicant should be intending to return to your country of ordinary residence once your course is completed.
‣ Applicant should be intending to undertake study in a field derived from or of relevance to the Islamic tradition, which is of relevance and/or benefit to the Muslim world.
Selection Criteria for Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships
‣ Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
‣ Decisions are expected to be made around July 2017. If you have not heard by the time the university’s web page is updated to say that successful applicants have been notified, then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. Due to the volume of applications we receive, they regret that they are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants individually or provide feedback on applications.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must select the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships in the Funding section of the University’s graduate application form (Application Form ) and submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course (8 or 20 January 2017).
‣ You must also complete an Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships Supporting Statement and upload it, together with your graduate application form, by the deadline, in order for your application to be complete.
‣ To be eligible for consideration for this scholarship, applicants must be successful in being offered a place on their course after consideration of applications received by the relevant January deadline for the course. Course applications which are held over after the January deadline to be re-evaluated against applications received by the March deadline or course applications which have been put on a waiting list are not eligible for scholarship consideration.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 8 or 20 January 2017, depending on your course.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.