Oxford-Berman Graduate Scholarships for International Students in UK, 2015 University of Oxford is inviting application for Oxford-Berman Graduate Scholarships available for international students within the Department of Physics. The scholarship is only tenable at University College. The scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £13,863). Awards are made for the full duration of applicants fee liability for the agreed course. Selection will be based on academic merit. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Oxford | UK
Level: Graduate Degree Program
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded to to start a new graduate course at Oxford within the Department of Physics.
Deadline: 23 January 2015
Funded By: University of Oxford, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Oxford-Berman Graduate Scholarships are targeted for International students
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £13,863).
‣ The Oxford-Berman Graduate Scholarships have been established through a groundbreaking new matched funding initiative to enable the creation of fully-funded scholarships for graduate students of the highest calibre from across the world.
‣ 2013-14 saw the very first Oxford Graduate scholars begin their studies. Scholarships are awarded to applicants who have demonstrated excellent academic ability, who will contribute to the University’s groundbreaking research, and who will go on to contribute to the world as leaders in their field, pushing the frontiers of knowledge.
‣ The University contributes 40% of the funds for these scholarships, together with 60% from generous donations provided by numerous supporters of the University and its colleges.
‣ You should be applying to start a new graduate course at Oxford within the Department of Physics.
‣ Please ensure that you meet the selection criteria for your course (see the Courses page for more information).
‣ This scholarship is not open to applications from candidates who hold deferred offers to start in 2015-16.
‣ If your scholarship is offered for a course lasting more than one year, the continuation of your scholarship each year is subject to an annual renewal process based upon satisfactory academic progress.
‣ The scholarship is only tenable at University College.
‣ All eligible applicants will be considered for this scholarship, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference on the graduate application form.
‣ However, successful applicants will be transferred to University College in order to take up the scholarship.
Selection Criteria for Oxford-Berman Graduate Scholarships
‣ Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
‣ Decisions are expected to be made around April 2015.
‣ If you have not heard from by the time the university’s page is updated to say that successful applicants have been notified, then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
‣ Due to the volume of applications university receive, they regret that they are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants individually or provide feedback on applications.
‣ There is no separate application process for this scholarship: in order to be considered, you must submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course (23 January 2015).
‣ If you do not apply by the deadline, you will not be considered for this scholarship.
‣ To be eligible for consideration for this scholarship, applicants must be successful in being offered a place on their course after consideration of applications received by the relevant January deadline for the course.
‣ Course applications which are held over after the January deadline to be re-evaluated against applications received by the March deadline or course applications which have been put on a waiting list are not eligible for scholarship consideration.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 23 January 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.