Overseas Scholarships are offered for MS/MPhil leading to PhD for Pakistani Students at University of Cambridge for 2013/14 academic year. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Cambridge | UK
Level: PhD and Master’s leading to PhD Program
Field(s): all fields of study except those for which clinical-rate fees are charged
Funded by: HEC and Cambridge Commonwealth Trust (CCT)
Deadline: April 15, 2013.
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Overseas Scholarships are Open for Students of Pakistani.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: Total 5 scholarships are available and all scholarships will be awarded open merit.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Funding for a maximum period of 4 years will be provided for higher studies leading to a PhD.
‣ Applications are invited from outstanding Pakistani nationals for the award of PhD scholarships jointly funded by HEC and Cambridge Commonwealth Trust (CCT) for the University of Cambridge, UK.
‣ The Overseas Scholarships will be awarded for academic session fall 2013.
‣ The objectives of this programme are: To create a critical mass of highly qualified Engineer, Technologists, and Scientists Manpower in high-tech fields .
‣ To build up the capacity of Universities, Research & Development Organizations and Industries in Pakistan through addition of PhD’s in priority fields.
‣ Considerable intellectual activity is expected to be generated through this scheme as groups of scientists, technologists and social scientist would be engaged in publishing their research work.
‣ It is expected that good number of papers/studies could be produced annually. The scheme would provide our system an impetus for an out-put and productivity.
‣ Major organizations & universities would be increasing their R&D by absorbing specialized trained manpower.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to avail Overseas Scholarships.
‣ Pakistani nationals
‣ Candidates must have minimum sixteen years of education with not less than 50% marks throughout the academic career
‣ Maximum two second divisions throughout the academic career
‣ Maximum age on Friday April 15, 2013: 40 years for full time regular faculty members of public sector Universities/Colleges and employees of the public sector R & D organizations and 35 years for all others.
‣ Applicants need to have minimum cumulative 50% academic marks as per HEC Academic Evaluation Formula (HEC-AEF). The HEC-AEF is available at HEC website.
‣ Applicants must have secured admission into a PhD program in the University of Cambridge for fall 2013 session. However Master’s Admission in the University of Cambridge will only be accepted if that is required for the PhD.
‣ The candidates who are already availing any other scholarship are not eligible to apply.
‣ All scholarships will be awarded on open merit.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply the following documents are required to be submitted along with the prescribed application form:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 15 April 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like