ONGC Scholarships for SC/ST Students in India , and applications are submitted till 15 November 2015. The Scholarships are open for studying in India and for Indian nationals only. There are 500 scholarships for SC/ST students and out of them 50% scholarships are reserved for girls students. Scholarship is awarded to students for pursuing four years Engineering / MBBS courses and two years Master’s course. Scholarships have a value of Rs. 48,000/-per annum each. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | India
Level: professional courses and masters degree.
Deadline: 15 November 2015
Funded By: Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ONGC Scholarships are targeted for the students of India.
‣ No. of awards: There are 500 ONGC scholarships for students. 50 % scholarships are reserved for girls.
Tenure : Scholarship
is offered to students for pursuing four years Engineering/MBBS
courses and two years master’s course. The continuation of
scholarships once awarded shall be subject to satisfactory
performance in each year’s annual examination and conduct of the
candidate. Scholarship shall not be paid for the year where the
student fails to maintain the scale of 5 grade points out of 10 grade
points scale or secure less than 50% in the examination, as the case
‣Value of Scholarship : Each scholarship have a value of Rs. 48,000/-per annum.
‣ Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) is an Indian multinational oil and gas company headquartered in Dehradun, India.
is a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) of the Government of India,
under the administrative control of the Ministry of Petroleum and
is India’s largest oil and gas exploration and production company.
produces around 69% of India’s crude oil (equivalent to around 30%
of the country’s total demand) and around 62% of its natural gas.
was founded on 14 August 1956 by Government of India, which currently
holds a 69.23% equity stake.
is involved in exploring for and exploiting hydrocarbons in 26
sedimentary basins of India, and owns and operates over 11,000
kilometers of pipelines in the country.
international subsidiary ONGC Videsh currently has projects in 15
countries. ONGC has discovered 6 of the 7 commercially-producing
Indian Basins, in the last 50 years, adding over 7.1
billion tonnes of In-place Oil & Gas volume of
hydrocarbons in Indian basins.
a global decline of production from matured fields, ONGC has
maintained production from its brownfields like Mumbai High, with the
help of aggressive investments in various IOR (Improved Oil Recovery)
and EOR (Enhanced Oil Recovery) schemes.
‣ Candidate should be a student of 1st year of Graduate Engineering or MBBS courses or 1st year of Masters degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA. The scholarship shall be admissible only for pursuing full time regular courses by ISC/CBSE/MCI/AICTE/UGC/Association of India Universities/State Education Boards/State Government/Central Government.
‣ Students pursuing four years Engineering/MBBS courses and Two years Masters course in Business Administration & Masters degree in Geology/ Geophysics are eligible.
‣ Candidate should have obtained minimum 60% marks in 12th class for Engineering and MBBS disciplines. Similarly 60% marks are necessary in graduation for P.G. Courses i.e. Geology/Geophysics/MBA. Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA/CGPA) of minimum 6.0 in 10 points scale of grading system.
‣ The specific zone where a student can apply for scholarship shall be decided on the basis of the location of University/College/Institute in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination (i.e. 12th class for Graduate courses and Graduation degree for Post Graduate courses) irrespective of the domicile of the student.
‣ Gross annual income of family of the candidate from all sources should not be more than Rs 4.50 lakhs per annum (i.e. Rs.37,500/- per month).
‣ The age limit of the applicant is maximum 30 years as on 1st of October, 2015 for the academic session.
‣ The candidates should not be availing or intend to avail any other financial assistance/scholarship from any other source. However, in case of student of getting fee waiver/ reimbursement of tuition fees from any of the State governments are eligible for applying for the scholarships.
‣ The award of the scholarship shall not confer any right of employment with ONGC group of companies or its joint ventures.
Selection Criteria for ONGC Scholarships
‣ ONGC grant scholarships to meritorious SC/ST students. Selection of candidates will be made on the basis of their performance in the class XII in case of admission to Engineering and MBBS courses and Graduation in case of post graduation courses in Geology, Geophysics and MBA .
‣ The final list of the scholarship shall be posted on the third week of January 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The candidate fulfilling the above criteria may submit their application in the prescribed ‘Application format’ which can be downloaded from ONGC’s website.
‣ Complete application with all the supporting documents as mentioned in the application form duly certified and forwarded by their Head/Principal/ Dean of the Institute/ College/University, should reach the designated office of ONGC as per the details given in application format.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on15 November 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.