OFID offers Scholarships Award for International Students. Applicantions for 2013 has been announced. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Any accredited university/college in the world
Level: Masters (MSc) Degree
Field(s): Any field of study related to Development or Energy Studies.
Deadline: 1 May 2013
Funded by: OFID
Beneficiaries( Target Group): The applicant may be from any developing country:
In addition to nationals of The OPEC Fund for International Development Member States (Algeria, Gabon, Indonesia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, GSP Libyan AJ, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela), nationals of the following countries are also eligible:
Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Central African Republic, Comoros, Congo DR , Republic of Congo, Cote d’lvoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, São Tomé & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Asia and the Middle East: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bahrain, Bhutan, Cambodia, Fiji, India, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Korea DPR, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Maldives, Moldova, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tonga, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
Latin America and the Caribbean: Antigua & Barbuda, Belize, Barbados, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Grenada, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guyana, Haiti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Panama, St. Christopher, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Uruguay
Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo
Benefits(Value/ Inclusions):The winner of the OFID Scholarship Award will receive a tuition support of up to US$50,000. The tuition fees, including any supplementary examination fees, as may be required by the academic institution, will be paid by The OPEC Fund for International Development directly to the academic institution. Health insurance will be paid in accordance with the institution’s own standard medical scheme.
A monthly allowance to cover living expenses, books and accommodation, will be transferred to the student’s own personal bank account on a quarterly basis.
Prior to the start of his/her first year studies, the student will be paid a relocation grant, equal to two-month allowance. OFID will also pay for travel costs from the nearest airport to the student’s place of residence, to the nearest airport to the chosen place of study. Upon completion of the studies, the student will be paid the cost of one-way air ticket to his/her home country.
No. of Awards: The OPEC Fund for International Development scholarship will be awarded to support one student or candidate for Master’s degree studies.
‣ OFID (The OPEC Fund for International Development) is pleased to announce that qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree are welcome to apply for the OPEC Fund for International Development Scholarship.
The OPEC Fund for International Development is pleased to announce that qualified applicants
‣ Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
‣ Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
‣ Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
‣ Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2013, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
‣ Must be a national of a developing country (please see list of eligible countries below)
‣ Must select a subject of study that pertains to The OPEC Fund for International Development core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications are done online.
‣ Make sure that you fulfill the OPEC Fund for International Development Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria before you apply.
‣ The application deadline is 1 May 2013.
‣ Please do not call or email The OPEC Fund for International Development to see if your application has been received (you will, in any case, receive an automated confirmation) or to inquire about your status. Only the winner will be notified by 13 June 2013 at The OPEC Fund for International Development website.
‣ It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like