Ofid scholarship award for Developing Countries Students, and applications are submitted till May 4, 2018. The OPEC Fund for International Development is funding scholarship for students of developing countries (except OFID Member Countries). Scholarship is awarded for pursuing graduate studies in a development-related discipline. To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must first obtain admission to pursue a Master’s (graduate) degree in any recognized university/college in the world. The tuition fees, including any supplementary examination fees, as may be required by the academic institution, will be paid by OFID directly to the academic institution. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | worldwide
Level: Graduate (Master) Studies.
Field(s): Scholarship is awarded in development-related discipline
Deadline: May 4, 2018.
Funded By: The OPEC Fund for International Development
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Ofid scholarship award is targeted for Students of developing country except OFID Member Countries (Angola, Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Antigua, Albania, Benin, Botswana, Burundi, Burkina Faso ,Bangladesh, Bahrain, Bhutan, Barbuda, Belize, Barbados, Brazil, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Central African Republic, Comoros, Congo DR Republic of Congo Cote d’lvoire, Cambodia ,Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica and Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Equatorial, Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea- Bissau, Grenada, Guyana, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Haiti, Honduras, India, Jordan, Jamaica, Kenya, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Korea DPR, Kyrgyz Republic, Kosovo Lao, Lesotho, Lebanon, PDR Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique,
Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, São Tomé & Principe, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Syria, St. Christopher, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Suriname, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tonga, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan ,Uruguay, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for this Ofid scholarship award.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: the tuition fees, including any supplementary examination fees, as may be required by the academic institution, will be paid by Ofid scholarship awarddirectly to the academic institution. Health insurance will be paid in accordance with the institution’s own standard medical scheme. A monthly allowance to cover living expenses, books and accommodation, will be transferred to the student’s own personal bank account on a quarterly basis. Prior to the start of his/her first year studies, the student will be paid a relocation grant, equal to two-month allowance. OFID will also pay for travel costs from the nearest airport to the student’s place of residence, to the nearest airport to the chosen place of study. Upon completion of the studies, the student will be paid the cost of one-way air ticket to his/her home country.
‣ Ofid scholarship award( OFID’s Scholarship Program) sponsors outstanding young students from developing countries through graduate studies in a development-related discipline.
‣ OFID (The OPEC Fund for International Development) is pleased to announce that qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree are welcome to apply for the OFID Scholarship 2018/2019.
‣ The applicant must be from a developing country, and he/she must first obtain admission to pursue a Master’s (graduate) degree in any recognized university/college in the world.
‣ Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
‣ Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
‣ Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
‣ Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2018-19, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
‣ Must be a national of a developing country (except OFID Member Countries)
‣ Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Eligibility Criteria of Ofid scholarship award
‣ Applications will be evaluated based on the information provided. Therefore, all questions should be answered as thoroughly as possible.
‣ Only the winners will be notified by June, 2018.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: May 4, 2018.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
2018, 2017, developing countries, Fellowships, s, Graduate, FREE scholarships