OECD CRP Research Fellowships for Participating Countries, and applications are submitted till 10th September . The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is offering research fellowships for research scientists working in agriculture, forestry or fisheries to conduct research projects abroad. Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of a country that currently participates in the OECD Co-operative Research Programme (CRP) and the collaborating host institution must be located in another participating country. Fellowships may be from 6 to 26 weeks. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Abroad (in another member country of the Co-operative Research Programme)
Level: Fellowships are available to conduct research projects abroad.
Field(s): Applications should fit into one of the three following research themes: The Natural Resources Challenge, Sustainability in Practice and the Food Chain.
Deadline: 10th September
Funded By: The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): OECD CRP Research Fellowships are targeted for Applicants from Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States can apply for these CRP research fellowships.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships may be from 6 to 26 weeks.
‣ Scholarship covers: The OECD CRP Research Fellowships award consists of 3 components which collectively are called the travel lump sum allowance. The total travel lump sum allowance awarded will depend upon distance from the Fellow’s laboratory to the host institution and the number of weeks of the fellowship.
-Travel costs (calculated based on a return economy class air ticket (APEX or similar). Note that the travel allowance is calculated to cover a single return trip to and from the host laboratory and the place of domicile.
-Weekly Subsistence Allowance: currently 400 EUR or 450 EUR per week (depending on the cost of living of the host country). This subsistence allowance is to cover all normal living expenses (accommodation, food, etc.) and incidentals (daily travel to and from work etc.)
-Terminal charges: A lump sum allowance of 165
‣ The Co-operative Research Programme’s main objective is to strengthen scientific knowledge and provide relevant scientific information and advice that will inform future policy decisions related to the sustainable use of natural resources, in the areas of food, agriculture, forests and fisheries.
‣ The objective and work of the Programme are anchored in both a policy and scientific environment in the fields of food, agriculture, forestry and fisheries, which, more than ever, have a multidisciplinary nature.
‣ This happens to so as to respond to the varied demands from a range of stakeholder groups with interests in these fields, and to take into account that the world is globalised and food production systems are interlinked.
‣ Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of a country that currently participates in the OECD Co-operative Research Programme (CRP), and the collaborating host institution must be located in another participating country.
‣ Scientists already holding a position in a foreign laboratory are not eligible to apply to remain in that laboratory.
‣ Whilst candidates should hold a Ph.D. or have the equivalent expertise and/or be extensively published, priority is given to the overall scientific quality of each application considering its relevance to the Programme’s Research Themes and the Programme’s multi-disciplinary focus. The programme is not targeted at PhD students.
‣ OECD CRP Research Fellowships Applicants should have completed their postdoctoral training. Applicants should have a contract with their present employer that ensures their continued employment after completion of the fellowship. If this is not the case, applicants are requested to ask their institution to certify that there will be a continued on-going scientific affiliation with the host laboratory once the fellowship ends, as this ensures that the relationships established during the fellowship are put to beneficial use.
‣ Before submitting an application, candidates should have their employers’ agreement to the applicationà and to the take up of the fellowship should they be successful.
‣ A candidate who has already been the recipient of a CRP fellowship may apply for a second award, but onlyà 5 years after the year of their first fellowship.
Selection Criteria for OECD CRP Research Fellowships
‣ Applications are assessed on their relevance to the CRP’s objective and the selection criteria explained below. It is therefore highly recommended that these be addressed in any Fellowship award application:
Notification for OECD CRP Research Fellowships
‣ Award decisions will be made by mid-December 2015 and research applicants will be informed of the results by the Secretariat in January 2016 at the latest.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications must be submitted in English using the on-line application form, with all relevant fields completed and detailed descriptions given where necessary.
‣ Applicants must attach their CV and a list of their publications written during the last five years. Please note that CVs will be passed on to the members of the Scientific Advisory Body who will assess the applications.
‣ A letter of acceptance from the host institution indicating their willingness to accept the Fellow if successful must also be attached to the application.
‣ It should be on headed paper, dated and signed. The letter should also mention the starting and ending dates of the proposed fellowship, what the visiting applicant will bring to the host institution, what the host institution will bring to the applicant, the description of the work with its objectives and methods and the equipment provided
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 10th September.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...