OCIS offers Scholarships for Muslims students from Developing Countries in UK 2013. Full details:
School:Oxford University | UK
Field(s):Any field of study but you must be able to show how your intended course of study is of relevance to the Muslim world.
Deadline: 22 Jan 2013 (annual)
Funded by: Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is open for British Muslim students and Muslim students from the following developing countries in Asia and Africa:
‣ Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Djibouti, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco,
Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Suriname, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan and Yemen Arab Republic.
‣ What does it cover? University and college fees and a grant for living expenses (£11,500 p/a in 20013/14)
‣ Number of Awards:Up to 5 awards will be available, at least 2 will be to UK students
‣ This Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships (OCISS) has been established by the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies to allow graduates to pursue study of benefit to the Muslim world.
To qualify for Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships , Candidates must be:
‣ a Muslim student from the eligible countries (see above)
• a student pursuing a course of study that is relevant to the Muslim world
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply at the same time as you apply to Oxford by selecting Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships in the Funding Section of the University’s Graduate Application Form.
‣ You must also complete and upload together with your graduate application form and a scholarship Supporting Statement setting out how your course of study is of relevance to the Muslim world.
‣ The deadline for applications is on 22 January 2010. It is important to read the application guide and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like