OceanPath Fellowship at Coady International Institute in Canada , and applications are submitted till February 12, 2015. Applications are invited for OceanPath Fellowship program available for graduating students at Coady International Institute. Fellowships are awarded to Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents who are graduating full-time students under 29 years of age, from one of the partner universities – McGill, uOttawa, Queen’s or StFX. The Fellowship is approximately 12 months long, from the first day of the Foundations for Community Change in June 2015 to the last day of debriefing in June 2016. Applications from people with disabilities are encouraged to apply and institute will make every effort to assist with any special needs applicants may have whilst on campus. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Coady International Institute | Canada
Level:This is a one year fellowship program at Coady International Institute.
Field(s): community-focused experiential learning opportunities
Deadline: February 12, 2015
Funded By: The Pathy Family Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): OceanPath Fellowship is targeted for Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents (graduating from one of the partner universities – McGill, uOttawa, Queen’s or StFX) can apply for this fellowship programme.
‣ Award No: Up to twelve Fellowships will be awarded, with two reserved for each partner university (eight in total). Four additional Fellowships will be selected from any of the partner universities. However, Fellowships will be awarded only if applications meet eligibility criteria and are sufficiently strong.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Fellowship is approximately 12 months long, from the first day of the Foundations for Community Change in June 2015 to the last day of debriefing in June 2016.
‣ Scholarship covers: Upon selection to the program, Fellows are provided with up to $25,000 to contribute to:
-a living allowance (including housing, food, local transport and insurance);
-travel and travel-related expenses, to cover airfares to and from home locations to Coady for on-campus components as required and to the community (if not your own), and, for those traveling internationally, such things as visas, immunisations and health insurance; and
-project funding, to cover project-related expenses such as start-up and operational costs.
‣ The OceanPath Fellowship provides community-focused experiential learning opportunities for graduating students to become active and effective change-makers, bringing new ideas and working closely with communities to foster sustainable and positive social change in Canada and around the world.
‣ The Coady Institute is excited to partner with the following universities in offering this Fellowship: McGill University, Queen’s University, University of Ottawa and St. Francis Xavier University.
‣ For the 2014/15 application year, you must be a full-time undergraduate or Masters final year student who will graduate in Fall 2014, Winter 2015 or Spring/Summer 2015. If you have already finished your studies (before Fall 2014) you are not eligible to apply.
The Selection Committee will consider the following components in determining the success of your application:
‣ the strength of your community connection; the quality of your idea or concept (feasible, reasoned and sustainable); and
‣ your demonstrated and potential capacity (experience, skills, knowledge and attitude) to successfully turn your idea into an initiative and work with your chosen community.
‣ The selection process has two stages. In the first stage, applicants will be shortlisted based on their applications.
‣ Short listing should be complete by March 6th, 2015. In the second stage, all shortlisted candidates will be invited and funded to attend a Selection Day of participatory and interactive activities on Saturday March 14th, 2015.
‣ Fellows will be announced the following week.
‣ All shortlisted candidates MUST make themselves available to attend Selection Day.
‣ Applicants are required to apply via online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on February 12, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.