OAS-VUB Masters Scholarship Program in Belgium, and applications are submitted till January 24th, 2016. Applications are invited for OAS Scholarship to pursue masters studies at the Free University of Brussels (Vrije Universiteit Brussel). Applicants must be citizens and/or permanent legal residents of any OAS member state, except the United States and Canada. Scholarship includes full tuition costs and one-time payment of US$ 1,350 to offset the cost of travel to Brussels. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) |
Level: master’s degree programme
Field(s): Scholarship recipients may pursue master’s degrees in the following study areas: Physical and Land resources only “Land Resources Engineering”, Business and technology, Management science, Management (evening Programme), Business Engineering: Business and Technology, Educational Science, Architectural Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical and Materials Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, Electronics and Information Technology, Photonics Engineering, Geography, Linguistics and Literary Studies, Computer Science, Applied Computer Science, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biomolecular Science, Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy, Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management, Communication Studies – New Media and Society in Europe and Communication Studies – Journalism and Media in Europe.
Deadline: January 24th, 2016
Funded By: The Organization of American States (OAS) and the Free University of Brussels (Vrije Universiteit Brussel i.e. VUB), through the OAS Partnerships Program for Education and Training (PAEC)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): OAS-VUB Masters Scholarship Program is targeted for Students from any OAS member state, except the United States and Canada (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Grenada, Suriname, Dominica (Commonwealth of), Saint Lucia, Antigua and Barbuda, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, The Bahamas (Commonwealth of), St. Kitts & Nevis, Belize and Guyana) can apply for this OAS scholarship.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are awarded for 10–22 months duration master program. START DATE :September 2016
END DATE : Varies based upon study area: 10 months (June 2017) or 22 months (August 2018
‣ Scholarship covers: Scholarship includes:
‣ The Organization of American States (OAS) and the Free University of Brussels (Vrije Universiteit Brussel i.e. VUB), through the OAS Partnerships Program for Education and Training (PAEC), are offering scholarships to qualified candidates of the Americas to pursue graduate studies.
‣ The Vrije Universiteit Brussel is a dynamic and modern university with two parkland campuses in Brussels, the heart of Europe. Education and research are of very high quality. VUB’s research teams are internationally recognized in many disciplines of fundamental and applied research.
‣ The Vrije Universiteit Brussel is an internationally renowned research institution with many opportunities for doctoral projects.
‣ The student must not have received other academic scholarships from the OAS or from the VUB for the same level of studies and/or programs as requested in the 2016 OAS/VUB application.
‣ Be citizens and/or permanent legal residents of any OAS member state, except the United States and Canada.
‣ OAS staff, individuals who maintain employment contracts with the OAS, the staff of Permanent Missions to the OAS and their immediate relatives are not eligible to receive OAS/VUB scholarships.
‣ No type of employment or commercial relationship shall be established between the OAS or VUB and the PAEC OAS/VUB scholarship recipients. Similarly, the OAS and VUB shall not assume any type of liability, whether civil, contractual or non-contractual, during the entire scholarship period.
Selection Criteria for OAS-VUB Masters Scholarship Program
‣ The merits and overall credentials of the candidate, including his/her academic and professional background and English language proficiency;
‣ Geographic distribution of the applicants, taking into account the greater needs of the smaller and relatively less developed economies;
‣ Applicants whose essays portray the highest potential for impact upon return to their countries of origin; and
‣ Gender diversity
‣ Official announcement of selected candidates will be on May 18th, 2016 .
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants are required to submit an online application for an OAS/VUB scholarship through the OAS Scholarship Website. Selected master’s candidates will have to apply in the on-line system of VUB after sending the Scholarship Form of Acceptance to the OAS.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 24th, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.