OAS-GCUB Scholarship for Master and Doctoral Students in Brazil, and applications are submitted till July 26, 2016. American States (OAS) and the Coimbra Group of Brazilian Universities (GCUB) are funding scholarships for the citizens and/or permanent residents of any OAS Member State except from Brazil. These OAS Scholarships will be awarded for up to 24 months for Master’s and 48 months for Doctoral degrees. Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or (equivalent) to apply to a Master’s degree program and a Master’s degree diploma to apply to a Doctoral program. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Brazil
Level: Masters’ and Doctoral Programme
Field(s): any course offered by the university
Deadline: .July 26, 2016.
Funded By: Coimbra Group of Brazilian Universities (GCUB) and OAS (Organization of American States)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): OAS-GCUB Scholarship is targeted for Students of OAS Member State (Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica (Commonwealth of), Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Bahamas (Commonwealth of), Trinidad and Tobago,
United States of America, Uruguay and Venezuela).
‣ Award No: 300 scholarship opportunities to outstanding citizens of OAS Member States to pursue master's or doctoral programs in Brazilian universities.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The benefits are available for up to 24 months for Master’s and 48 months for Doctoral degrees.
‣ Scholarship covers: Full Tuition waiver (program cost) -Partial monthly stipend for living expenses equivalent to $1,500 BRL for Master’s and $2,200 BRL for Doctorate (NOTE: The monthly stipend does not intend to cover all living expenses, the student must be prepared and have the necessary funding to complement all living expenses.) -A one-time grant of $1,200 USD to be disbursed once the student arrives at the university, to the first 125 selected candidates. -Portuguese language support.
‣ The sixth consecutive edition of the Partnerships Program for Education and Training (PAEC) between the Organization of American States (OAS) and the Coimbra Group of Brazilian Universities (GCUB), with the support of the Brazilian Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Division of Educational Topics and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO / WHO) offers more than 300 scholarship opportunities to outstanding citizens of OAS Member States to pursue master's or doctoral programs in Brazilian universities.
‣ The programs offered by cover various fields of study, research and the development of the next generation of advanced technology, appropriate to the realities and needs of Latin America and the Caribbean. Since its first edition in 2011, the OAS-GCUB Scholarship Program has awarded a total of 1,460 scholarships for master’s and doctoral degrees in over 50 participating universities.
‣ Applicants must be citizens and/or permanent residents of any OAS Member State except from Brazil.
‣ Applicants must not have received other academic scholarships from the OAS or from Brazil for the same level of studies as that for which they want to apply.
‣ Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or (equivalent) to apply to a Master’s degree program, and a Master’s degree diploma to apply to a Doctoral program -There is no Portuguese language requirement at the application stage.
‣ Those selected to receive the scholarship must show proof of superior intermediate level of Portuguese before completing their studies in Brazil.
‣ The Evaluation Advisory Committee will make the final decisions on awarding the scholarships and of the student distribution into the programs and universities they applied to.
‣ Among the OAS-GCUB Scholarship applications approved in the previous phase, the Committee shall consider the following weighted criteria: -Geographical distribution of the applicants, taking into consideration the most important needs of emerging economies.
‣ Applicants from countries with a low human development index (HDI), according to the ranking of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) -Full time professors working at public higher education institutions, especially those originating from countries with a low HDI, according to UNDP. -Gender diversity
‣ Applicants whose proposals portray the highest potential for social impact upon return to th eir countries of origin.
‣ Results will be published on November 21, 2016
‣ Potential candidates must review the Announcement and the list of participating Brazilian universities and available programs.We encourage potential candidates to begin their application process by collecting the required documents.Applicants are required to select a maximum of three (3) master's or doctoral programs.
‣ Each one of these programs has to be from different universities, located in the various geographical regions of Brazil.
‣ To apply to this scholarship, the applicant must fill out completely the scholarship application form for the OAS-GUCB 2016 scholarship program, and attach all the documents required for the application.
‣ Applicants must complete and submit the online
‣ Scholarship Application Form. Applicants must read, understand and accept the Announcement/Edict in its entirety
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on July 26, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.