NISF Scholarships for Foreign Students at Japanese Universities. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Japanese Universities | Japan
Level: Undergraduate & Graduate Degree
Field(s):any of the courses offered by the Japanese Universities.
Deadline: December, 22, 2013.
Funded By: Nitori International Scholarship Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): N I S F Scholarships are targeted for International students (non-Japanese).
‣ Award No: Around 50 students will be new-accepted.
‣ Scholarship Duration: As a basic rule, the scholarship will be guaranteed from April 2014 until the final year of the enrolled academic course, maximum two years (Exception: when a recipient repeat a year in Japanese university, he/she is disqualified for the further scholarship).
‣ Scholarship covers: Scholarship is worth of 110,000 yen per month. (Some students who are in high ranks of selection, can receive 150,000 yen per month).
‣ Nitori International Scholarship Foundation aids foreign students from around the world and Japanese students with principles and outstanding academic achievements but who have difficulty pursuing studies due to financial reasons by providing them with scholarships and residential facilities, while contributing to the mutual friendship with each country and cultivate the human resources.
To avail NISF Scholarships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ A student from over the world, non-Japanese nationality and studies in Japan at his/her own expense. (As of 2014/4/1)
‣ A student who stays in Japan when he/she applies for NISF.
‣ A student is enrolled in a Japanese university as an undergraduate or a graduate student, and an undergraduate student is in their third or fourth academic year, and a graduate student is in the first or second academic year as of April, 2014.
‣ A student who needs financial aid to keep studying in Japan.
‣ A student who has good enough health to pursue studies in Japan, excellent academic record, good personality.
‣ A student who has good communication skill in Japanese.
‣ A student who has the strong will to contribute to international understanding and mutual friendship.
‣ A student who is able to attend scholarship students annual gathering held by NISF (scheduled to be held twice a year).
‣ A student who does not receive any sort of scholarship or subsidy for researcher from the other third parties while receiving the scholarship from NISF (Note that the student who simultaneously receives other scholarships is disqualified for the NISF scholarship recipient.)
‣ A student who works part-time job in Japan for his/her financial reason to keep his/her study.
‣ A student who can participate in NISF alumni activities as alumnus, even if his/her NISF scholarship is expired.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply electronically.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The application deadline is December, 22, 2013. (Note that NISF may close the applications earlier it gets a lot of applicants).
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ Successful candidates and their universities will be notified the result in early April, 2014 (tentative schedule).
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Featured, Graduate, International, Japan, scholarships, Undergraduate
Your first paragraph ...