New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS) for International Students , and applications are submitted till 15 July 2016. Applications are invited for the 2015 round of the New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS). The NZIDRS are open for international students (except from New Zealand, Australia and Fiji) to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university. In order to receive the scholarship, applicants must meet the requirements for direct entry into a PhD programme at a New Zealand University. The NZIDRS provides full tuition fees plus a living stipend for up to 36 months. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | New Zealand
Level: PhD study
Field(s): any discipline
Deadline: 15 July 2016
Funded By: The NZIDRS are funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships are is targeted for International students (except from New Zealand, Australia and Fiji) . Recipients of this award will have an academic record placing them within the top 5% of PhD candidates worldwide.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
Scholarship Duration: Scholarships will be offered for up to 36 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: The NZIDRS covers the following for a TOTAL of three years (36 months):
‣ The NZIDRS provides full tuition fees plus a living stipend for up to 36 months for international students to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university.
‣ The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships ( NZIDRS ) are funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand.
‣ Recipients can undertake PhD study at any of New Zealand’s eight Universities: AUT University, Lincoln University, Massey University, University of Auckland, University of Canterbury, University of Otago, University of Waikato, Victoria University of Wellington.
Have what it takes to avail New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships ?
‣ Applicants must meet all five eligibility criteria. These criteria are non-negotiable.
‣ Applicants can be a citizen of any country except New Zealand, Australia or Fiji
‣ Applicants must hold a minimum equivalent GPA of 3.6/4.0 OR an A to A+ average or in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification.
‣ Applicants must conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
‣ Applicants must meet the requirements for direct entry into a PhD programme at a New Zealand University :this includes having completed the required academic qualifications for direct entry and meeting the requirements for English language proficiency
‣ If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 15 January 2016
Selection Criteria for New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships
‣ The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence and the impact of the proposed research for New Zealand. Research projects should have a tangible, positive effect on:
‣ New Zealand’s economy, in terms of international trade and business development in key sectors
‣ Or, New Zealand’s population in terms of health and safety
‣ Or, Research and scholarship in the above two areas
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Download and complete an NZIDRS application form and submit it in hard copy by post
‣ Answer all questions by completing all fields of your application form and submit your form along with all required documents to Education New Zealand by 15 July 2015.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on15 July 2016.
ll documents are available in Microsoft Word format.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...