New Europe College International Fellowships in Romania , and applications are submitted till December 8, 2014. New Europe College – Institute for Advanced Study in Bucharest, Romania announces the competition for Fellowships for the academic year 2015-16. Ten Fellowships are offered to students for the academic year 2015-2016. Fellowships are awarded for pursuing research program in the fields of humanities, social studies, and economics. The Fellowship consists of a monthly stipend of 700 Euro (tax free), accommodation, international transportation to and from the home country of the Fellows at the beginning and the end of the Fellowship, as well as for season holidays. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): New Europe College | Romania
Level: Research Program
Field(s): humanities, social studies, and economics.
Deadline: December 8, 2014.
Funded By: New Europe College, Romania
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): New Europe College International Fellowships are targeted for International students can apply for this fellowship.
‣ Award No: Students are offered ten Fellowships per year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: -a full academic year (10 months, October through July) or - a one-term fellowship (October through February, or March through July).
‣ Scholarship covers: The Fellowship consists of: a monthly stipend of 700 Euro (tax free), accommodation, international transportation to and from the home country of the Fellows at the beginning and the end of the Fellowship, as well as for season holidays. The Fellows who stay for the whole academic year are offered a one-month research trip abroad to an institution of their choice (2,600 Euro for transportation, accommodation, and per diem). As an alternative, they can opt for field research, in Romania or outside it. The Fellows are expected to work on their own projects, and take part in the scientific events organized by the New Europe College. At the end of their Fellowship, each Fellow is expected to hand in a research paper, reflecting the results of his/her work over the duration of the Fellowship. The papers will be included in a NEC publication.
‣ NEC started this program in 2008, as part of its core New Europe College International Fellowships Program.
‣ Funding from our traditional supporters enables us to offer up to ten Fellowships per year to young scholars, irrespective of their country of origin.
‣ The Fellows are chosen by the NEC international Academic Advisory Board for the duration of one academic year, or one term.
‣ They gather for weekly seminars to discuss the progress of their research, and participate in the scientific events organized by NEC.
‣ The Fellows receive a monthly stipend. Fellows invited for one academic year and are given the opportunity of a research trip abroad, at a university or research institute of their choice.
‣ At the end of the academic year, the Fellows submit papers representing the results of their research, which are published in the New Europe College Yearbooks.
‣ Applicants must hold a Ph.D. title or be doctoral students in an advanced stage of their research. Preference is given to candidates under the age of 40, and to those who have not yet benefited from a NEC Fellowship.
‣ Working languages: English, French, and German. A good command of English is desirable.
‣ The applicants will be notified on the results of the pre-selection by mid-March 2015, by e-mail.
‣ The shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview via Skype, organized on April 15-18, 2015.
‣ Applications will be submitted in electronic format.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on December 8, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.