NERC Independent Research Fellowship (IRF) for International Applicants in UK , and applications are submitted till 3 October 2017. Applications are invited for NERC Independent Research Fellowships available for outstanding early-career environmental scientists. NERC IRFs are open to researchers of any nationality and may be held in any area of the NERC remit, but the fellowship must be based at an eligible UK research organisation. Applicants may not have a permanent academic position in a university or equivalent organisation. Current NERC Postdoctoral Fellows may apply for a subsequent NERC IRF, provided that they meet the eligibility criteria. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): at an eligible UK research organisation | UK
Level: research programme
Field(s): in any area of the NERC remit, there is also a call for proposals for NERC IRFs in the priority area of Bioinformatics. These fellowships will deliver part of the NERC Mathematics & Informatics for Environmental ‘Omic Data Synthesis (‘Omics) Research Programme.
Deadline: 3 October 2017
Funded By: The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): NERC Independent Research Fellowship is targeted for researchers of any nationality.
‣ No. of awards: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Fellowships are offered for five years.
‣Value of Scholarship : The NERC Independent Research Fellowship (IRF) Scheme is designed to develop scientific leadership among the most promising early-career environmental scientists, by giving all fellows five years’ support, which will allow them sufficient time to develop their research programmes and to gain international recognition.
‣ The NERC Independent Research Fellowship (IRF) Scheme is designed to develop scientific leadership among the most promising early-career environmental scientists, by giving all fellows five years’ support, which will allow them sufficient time to develop their research programmes and to gain international recognition.
‣ As part of this scheme, NERC will expand its fellowship networking and training activities, working with host institutions, to support the development of future leaders in NERC science.
‣ The next closing date for NERC Independent Research Fellowships is 13 October 2017.
‣ Applicants must expect to submit their PhD thesis before the fellowship interviews would take place (April following the closing date) and, if successful, would not be able to take up the fellowship until the awarding university has confirmed its intent to award the PhD.
‣ Applicants for NERC IRFs must have a maximum of eight years of full-time postdoctoral experience from the PhD certificate date to the closing date of the fellowship competition to which they are applying. The eight-year window is based on full-time working. Where applicants have worked part-time or had career breaks, the window would be extended accordingly.
‣ Applicants should not have a permanent academic position (or the equivalent in institutions other than universities). NERC staff in Bands 5 and 6 only can apply for a fellowship and, if successful, would have to resign from their position in order to take up the fellowship.
Selection Criteria for NERC Independent Research Fellowship
‣ In order to identify future science leaders, the assessment process will concentrate on applicants’ research potential, with track record assessed in a way that is appropriate to career stage.
‣ Applicants will be expected to:
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 3 October 2017
Applying through the Je-S system
You must use the Joint electronic-Submission (Je-S) system to prepare and submit your fellowship proposal. In order to apply, the organisation where the fellowship will be held must be registered to use Je-S. Most UK research organisations are now registered - view a summary of current Je-S registration statuses on the Je-S website.
If you do not have a Je-S account
You will need to create one. To do this, you will need to select the option "Create Account" from the main Je-S log in screen and then specify that you need the ability to create and submit fellowship proposals. You may wish to refer to the relevant section of the Je-S handbook- external link - for details of how to do this.
If you have a Je-S account
If you have a Je-S account, but it is unregistered, you too will need the ability to create and submit fellowship proposals. You can change this in the "My Details" section of the Je-S system by selecting that you need the ability to create and submit fellowship proposals.
If you have a registered Je-S account, you will be able to create fellowship proposals without the need to change your registration status.
If you have forgotten your account log in details or are unsure whether you already have an account please contact the Je-S helpdesk who will advise you.
Submitting your fellowship through Je-S
The submission route that your fellowship proposal will take depends upon how the host research organisation has configured its submission process. The tutorials give an overview of the submission process through Je-S. If you are submitting a fellowship through a host organisation that is not your own, you may wish to familiarise yourselves with its submission process.
You will of course be in discussion with the organisation where you wish to hold the fellowship. As part of these discussions, you should ensure that it is content to submit the fellowship proposal on your behalf. Upon submitting the fellowship proposal to the research council, the research organisation submitter will be asked to confirm that it has verified your identity. It will also be advised to check the head of department statement to ensure that it has been completed by an appropriate person.
Closing dates, times and eligibility criteria are published in the online guidance, or in individual announcements of opportunity. These may vary between schemes so please check the relevant guidance before making your application.
General fellowship enquiries:
Enquiries regarding Je-S submission:
01793 444 164
This article is sponsored by the book, "Cellulite FACTOR" from Dr. Charles. Dr. Charles has been helping men and women permanently eliminate cellulite for most of his professional career. In fact and through the course of several years of relentless testing and refinement, Dr. Charles developed a comprehensive cellulite-eliminating system from A-to-Z. From purging toxins to transitioning to a healthy diet and lifestyle, this incredible resource has everything you need to fight and win the battle against cellulite. Find More==>[http://www.cellulitefactor.com]