NEF Research Grant Programme for Asia-Pacific Region , and applications are submitted till 18 April 2016 and 17 October 2016. Nagao Natural Environment Foundation is awarding N E F research grant programme for applicants of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region. The maximum grant size in this programme is 500,000 Japanese yen per project for a maximum duration of two year. Research Grant are grants are available for researcher/scientist, who works full-time or is enrolled in a doctoral course, conducting research at a research institution or relevant organization in his/her home country. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Research project must be carried out in the applicant’s country.
Level: The NEF Research Grant Programme supports academic and scientific research.
Field(s): The NEF supports research and publication projects concerning nature conservation in developing countries, mainly in the Asia- Pacific region.
Funded By: Nagao Natural Environment Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): NEF Research Grant Programme is targeted for National of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region can apply for this research grant programme.
‣ Award No: not specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Grants are available for the duration of two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The maximum grant size in this programme is 500,000 Japanese yen per project for a maximum duration of two year.
-expendables necessary for field survey and analysis (e.g., sampling gear, regent, etc.);
-local travel expenses for field trip (e.g., accommodation, food, transportation, etc.);
-reference materials (e.g., article, book, etc.);
-limited wages and labour costs necessary for proposed research; and
-other expenses only when the NEF Secretariat approved.
‣ The NEF Research Grant Programme financially supports academic and scientific research that will deepen knowledge of the nature conservation in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
‣ With the aim of strengthening research capacity of young researchers in that region, grants are available only for individual researchers, but not for groups/teams, to enhance their skills, knowledge, and experience through their own research work.
‣ be a national of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region;
‣ be a researcher/scientist, who works full-time or is enrolled in a doctoral course, conducting research at a research institution or relevant organization in his/her home country (those who work and/or study abroad are ineligible.);
‣ have sufficient experience and skills in conducting and managing the proposed research;
‣ be able to communicate in English;
‣ not have another application to the NEF; and
‣not have another on-going research or publication project funded by the NEF at the time of application submission.
The following factors will be considered during the selection process:
Entrance Requirements: An applicant must be a national of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region; be a researcher/scientist, who works full-time or is enrolled in a doctoral course, conducting research at a research institution or relevant organisation in one of the countries listed on Target Countries and Regions.
Language Requirements: In order to be eligible applicants must be able to communicate in English.
‣ Evaluation result will be announced by two to three months after each deadline.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ All documents (a completed application form and a recommendation letter) should be submitted to the NEF Secretariat by e-mail (secretariat-at-nagaofoundation.or.jp) in MS Word or PDF or by fax (+81-3-6659-2272). If e-mail access or fax is unavailable, hard copies can be sent by post.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : Application deadlines for this year are twice a year: 18 April 2016 and 17 October 2016.
‣ Applicants are required to submit the following items. Instructions for application preparation and application form are available at the website
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.