NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship at University of Michigan in USA , and applications are submitted till November 7. The National Center for Institutional Diversity (NCID) invites application for postdoctoral fellowship to promote the outstanding work of early career diversity scholars throughout the nation. This includes those who have recently earned a PhD, as well as those who currently hold early career tenure-track positions. Two postdoctoral fellowships, each for the duration of one year will be awarded annually. Each of the fellowships offer protected research time, faculty mentoring, and career development opportunities. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | National Center for Institutional Diversity (NCID)
Level: Postdoctoral Research Program
Field(s): all disciplines available at NCID
Deadline: November 7
Funded By: National Center for Institutional Diversity (NCID), University of Michigan
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship is targeted for US and Non US citizens
‣ Award No: Two postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded each year.
‣ Scholarship Duration:August 1, 2018-July 31, 2019
‣ Scholarship covers: We anticipate awarding two NCID Postdoctoral Fellowships during the 2018-2019 academic year. The salary for the Postdoctoral Fellows is $55,000 per year plus benefits.
Fellows will receive additional support for conference travel and other research-related expenses. Each of the Fellowships offer protected research time, faculty mentoring, and career development opportunities.
‣ The National Center for Institutional Diversity (NCID) represents a commitment by the University of Michigan to affirm the central value of institutional diversity to the public mission of US colleges and universities.
‣ They support NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship and its sophisticated application to the challenges associated with meeting this commitment spanning the recruitment and selection of students and faculty, assuring campus climates that promote success, preparing and inspiring leaders, and reframing the complicated discourse that surrounds institutional diversity in a changing, politically charged national landscape.
Applications are welcome from scholars engaging in diversity scholarship, in any field or department represented in the University of Michigan’s schools and colleges. Applicants’ doctoral degrees should be completed between January 1, 2011 and July 1, 2018.
‣ Guided by the mission of the National Center for Institutional Diversity (NCID), the NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship Fellows and Scholars Program is designed to promote the outstanding work of early career diversity scholars throughout the nation.
‣ This includes those who have recently earned a PhD, as well as those who currently hold early career tenure-track positions.
‣ While looking for alignment with NCID’s priorities and strategies, a successful candidate will also be highly competitive for a tenure-track faculty position at the University of Michigan or a peer institution.
‣ This involves demonstrated excellence not only in the area of diversity, but also in the areas of teaching, service, and research more broadly.
‣ All postdoctoral applicants are welcome and they are especially interested in attracting national scholars who received doctoral degrees outside the University of Michigan.
‣ The criteria for selection is a commitment to diversity in your scholarship, teaching, and service, as well as fit within the mission and vision of both the NCID and the academic and departmental units at U-M.
‣ Applicants will be notified no earlier than Mid-March.
‣ Applicants may directly apply for the Postdoctoral Fellowship through the NCID Slideroom website.
‣ Once there, applicants will be prompted to create a user account to complete the application and upload all required documents.
‣ Required application materials include:
The application for the NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship will be available at https://ncid.infoready4.com/ and will require the submission of:
Contact InformationThe NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is administered by the National Center for Institutional Diversity at the University of Michigan. For any questions relating to recruitment, eligibility, technical issues, or program details, please contact:National Center for Institutional Diversity
610 East University Avenue, Suite 3338
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on November 7. November 1, 2017
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
The NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is administered by the National Center for Institutional Diversity at the University of Michigan. For any questions relating to recruitment, eligibility, technical issues, or program details, please contact:Devin WalkerNational Center for Institutional Diversity610 East University Avenue, Room 3338Ann Arbor, MI firstname.lastname@example.org (fax)