National Black MBA Association Scholarship in USA , and applications are submitted till October 20, 2014. Applications are invited for NBMBAA scholarships to pursue career in business. Scholarship will be available for full time undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students at an accredited graduate business school located in Central or Southern California or Nevada for the 2014-2015 academic year. Scholarship is awarded to Black/African-American student. Scholarship winners will receive a two-year membership to the NBMBAA (membership fees are deducted from the scholarship award), unless winner is a current member of the NBMBAA. The application deadline is October 20, 2014. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degree in Central or Southern California or Nevada.
Field(s): Scholarship is awarded to students to purse career in business.
Deadline: October 20, 2014.
Funded By: National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA), Los Angeles Chapter
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): National Black MBA Association Scholarship is targeted for NBMBAA Scholarship is open for US citizens (Black/African-American student).
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Students will receive their cash awards after official verification of full-time enrollment from their University for the 2014-2015 academic school year at the Scholarship Luncheon.
‣ Scholarship covers: Undergraduate-$500 Graduate (MBA)/Doctorate-$1,500 Sponsor-$2,500/$5000 Scholarship winners will receive a two-year membership to the NBMBAA (membership fees are deducted from the scholarship award), unless winner is a current member of the NBMBAA.
‣ The organization provides more than half million dollars annually in National Black MBA Association Scholarship to undergraduates, graduates and doctoral students pursuing careers in business.
‣ The program’s mission is to identify and increase the pool of Black talent in business-public, private and non-profit.
‣ Black/African-American student.
‣ Full-time student pursuing their DBA or PhD in business, management, organizational behavior or other business related field from an accredited doctorate program located in Central or Southern California or Nevada, during the 2014-2015 academic year.
‣ Full-time student pursuing their MBA during the 2014-2015 academic year at an accredited graduate business school located in Central or Southern California or Nevada.
‣ Full-time undergraduate student during the 2014-2015 academic year in an accredited undergraduate business school located in Central or Southern California or Nevada.
‣ Applicants will be evaluated based on each of the areas outlined under Sections I, II, III, and IV. A minimum score of 85% out of 100% on the essay is required for scholarship consideration.
‣ Student has not won more than two scholarships from the Los Angeles Chapter.
Selection Criteria for National Black MBA Association Scholarship
‣ Final selections will be based on the candidate’s essay, academic achievements, community and extracurricular activities.
‣ Winners will be notified no later than October 31, 2014. Scholarship winners will be recognized at the 40th Anniversary Gala Saturday, January 31, 2015.
‣ Electronically submit the completed application as one PDF file to education-at-labmba.org, including:
‣ Copy of the official acceptance letter received from the university or graduate school or letter verifying enrollment status on official school letterhead with school seal.
‣ The completed essay application, with all sections as listed.
‣ A recent photograph for publicity purposes (preferably a 5X7 digital picture) No Snapshots
‣ Ethics Affidavit disclosing personal and familial relationships and verification of submission.
‣ Official transcripts from the school you are currently attending must be mailed to the chapter mailing address
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on October 20, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.