NAMASTE Scholarship for Indian Students in Europe , and applications are submitted till : 10 October 2014. NAMASTE India-EU Mobility Project offers scholarships for Indian students and scientists to spend a mobility period in Europe on a wide variety of academic fields at different levels of study (Undergraduate, Master, PhD, Post-Doc, and Staff). Up to 218 scholarships will be awarded for duration from 1 to 36 months, depending on the level and type of mobility. The scholarships cover subsistence allowances, travel costs, tuition fees and insurance costs. The scholarship includes a monthly subsistence allowance paid by the Partnership for the duration of the mobility period. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Europe
Level: Scholarships are available at different levels of study (Undergraduate, Master students and PhD and Post-Doctorate and Staff).
Field(s): The project offers mobility opportunities in the following study areas as defined by the European Commission: Agricultural Sciences, Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning, Business Studies and Management Sciences, Education, Teacher Training, Engineering, Technology, Geography, Geology, Law, Medical Sciences, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences and a lot more. (Please visit the university website to browse more information on the specific areas or fields of study available at all levels at each partner University as well as additional information regarding language or academic requirements etc for each program).
Deadline: 10 October 2014.
Funded By: European Commission
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): NAMASTE Scholarship for Indian Students are targeted for Students of India
‣ Award No: Up to 218 NAMASTE Scholarship for Indian Students will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: NAMASTE Scholarship for Indian Students is available for duration from 1 to 36 months, depending on the level and type of mobility. Undergraduate- exchange: 6 and 10 Master -exchange: 6 and 10 Master-full degree: 10 Master-full degree: 24 Doctorate-exchange: 6 and 10 Post-doctorate: 6 and 10 Academic/Administrative Staff: 1
‣ Scholarship covers: The NAMASTE Scholarship for Indian Students includes a monthly subsistence allowance paid by the Partnership for the duration of the mobility period: -Undergraduate: 1,000 euro -Master: 1,000 euro -Doctorate: 1,500 euro -Post-doctorate: 1,800 euro -Academic/Administrative Staff: 2,500 euro Included in the scholarship, the Partnership will also: -pay for your travel costs (maximum 2,000 euro); -provide you with a high quality individual insurance coverage on health, travel, accident for the duration of your mobility period; -cover all university fees at the hosting universities. -Participants at any level will not be required to pay any fees to the host universities. Exchange students will continue paying their fees at their university of origin.
‣ NAMASTE India – EU Mobility Project provides scholarships for students, researchers and staff from India in order to study, do research, training or teaching at one of the European Universities of the Partnership.
‣ Scholarships are not available for mobility from Europe to India, nor among the Indian universities.
‣ Undergraduate, Master and Doctorate students registered at Partner Universities can apply for exchange mobilities.
‣ Full Degree scholarships are available for individuals wishing to complete a full course of study in Europe.
‣ Indian undergraduate, Master students and Doctorate and Post-Doctorate Candidates must have a sufficient knowledge of the language of courses or of one of the languages currently spoken in the hosting country.
‣ For the Candidates from India: you should not have resided nor have carried out your main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the European countries if you want to apply.
‣ Please note that this rule does not apply to TG3 Candidates.
‣ To be eligible to apply for NAMASTE Scholarship for Indian Students , Indian Administrative and Academic Staff Candidates must: for TG1 Staff Applicants – Staff must work in or be associated to one of the third-country HEIs participating in the NAMASTE Partnership; for TG2 Staff Applicants – Staff must work in or be associated to a HEI Additionally,
‣ Additionally, no student, and no academic staff member can benefit from the second scholarship for the same type of mobility from another EMA2 Strand 1 project and cannot benefit from more than one mobility activity within the same project.
‣ There are no mobility flows for student and academic staff between institutions in India of the partnership. Mobility is only from India to Europe.
Target group 1: Undergraduate: Enrolled in an undergraduate university course at a partner university for the complete duration of the mobility (completed at least the first year); Master exchange: Enrolled in a master course at a partner university; Master degree: Enrolled in a master course at a partner university or employed by a partner university; Doctorate exchange: Enrolled in a doctorate course at a partner university; Doctorate degree: Enrolled in a doctorate course at a partner university or employed by a partner university; Post-Doctorate: Must have obtained a doctorate degree and must be employed by a partner university and Staff: Must be working as academic or administrative staff at a partner university.
Target group 2: Master exchange: Enrolled in a master course at a non-partner university; Master degree: Holding an undergraduate degree at the time of mobility from any university of the targeted countries; Doctorate exchange: Enrolled in a doctorate course at a non-partner university in one the targeted countries; Doctorate degree: Holding an master degree at the time of mobility from any university of the targeted countries; Post-Doctorate: Must have obtained a doctorate degree from any university of the targeted countries and Staff: Must be working as academic or administrative staff at any institution of the targeted countries.
Target group 3: Master exchange: Enrolled in a master course at a partner- or non-partner university; Master degree: candidates must have obtained an undergraduate university degree or must have completed 3 years of university studies; Doctorate exchange: Enrolled in a doctorate course at a partner- or non-partner university and Doctorate degree: Holding an master degree at the time of mobility.
Selection Criteria for NAMASTE Scholarship for Indian Students
‣ Valid and eligible applications are evaluated on the basis of these criteria: -Main evaluation criteria: Academic relevance verified through transcripts of records, degrees, work plan proposal, teaching or working experience, recommendation letters; Language skills, as required for the chosen program; Motivation -Cross-cutting evaluation criteria: Gender balance; Disadvantaged conditions such as disabilities and economical disadvantage
‣ Applications are evaluated and selected within three months from the Call for Application closing.
‣ All applicants will be notified by email of the selection outcomes.
‣ Applications must be submitted through the online application system.
‣ The required documents are:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 10 October 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.