The Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme support Africa-India Fellowship Programme in Agriculture and now open a call for 2013 applications. Full details:
School: Indian Universities/ India
Level: Masters(MSc) and Doctoral(PhD)Degree
Field(s): The scholarship is provided to learn Agriculture.
Deadline: 28th February 2013
Funded by: African Union – Government of India
Beneficiaries(Target Group): The Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme is open for the students of African Union member states who like to study in India.
Benefits( Inclusions / Value):Fellowship for Master’s programme covers 12,000 Indian Rupees per month for two years. For PhD programme covers 15,000 Indian Rupees per month for three years.
‣ Duration of award(s): Two years for Master’s programme, three years for Ph.D programme.
‣ What does it cover? 12,000 Indian Rupees per month (for Master’s programme) for two years, 15,000 Indian Rupees per month (for doctoral programme) for three years.
‣ All expenditure towards tuition fee, hostel fee, mess, medical, contingency and travel within country etc. during the course will be borne by the student utilizing the fellowship amount. The cost of air ticket and visa will be paid through the Indian Mission in the respective African Country.
‣ Facilities: All the agricultural universities have residential requirements and students have to stay in the hostels. All foreign students are provided accommodation in the university campus.
‣ The Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme (MNAUSS) has received support under the Africa-India strategic partnership for some special scholarships in the field of Agriculture for Africans working in African institutions of higher learning and research.
‣ The Africa-India Capacity Building Scholarship Programme comprises:
To qualify for The Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme, candidates must fulfill the following stipulations
‣ An applicant for Master’s Programme must meet the following minimum criteria:
a) Be under the age of thirty five (35) years.
b) Be a holder of a four year Bachelor’s Degree in respective field of Agriculture, at least Upper Second Class Honours.
‣ An applicant for PhD Programme must meet the following minimum criteria:
a) Be under the age of forty five (45) years.
b) Be a holder of a high quality Master’s Degree in respective field of Agriculture.
‣ Note: Preference will be given to candidates who have already secured admissions to Indian Universities. However, candidates who have not yet secured admissions would be placed in available universities in India.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ All Interested applicants should apply by post (Address: Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA P. O. Box 3243 Telephone: 251-11-5517700 Fax: 251-11-551 7844 )
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
‣ The next deadline for applications is 28th February 2013.
You may also like