Muhammad Ariff Ahmad Postgraduate Scholarship in Singapore , and applications are submitted till 15th February, 2015. National Institute of Education (NIE) is awarding MAS postgraduate scholarship and research grant in Malay Studies. Research on the work of Muhammad Ariff Ahmad will be given preference. Applicants for MA and PhD scholarship are to enroll in NIE or NTU and applications for MAS Research Grant is open to all local or international scholars. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Singapore
Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing postgraduate (MA and PhD) studies at NIE or Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and research programme.
Field(s): Scholarship is awarded in the field of Malay Studies (including all areas related to the Malay community, viz. language, literature, culture, education, religion, etc.). Research on the work of Muhammad Ariff Ahmad will be given preference.
Deadline: 15th February 2015
Funded By: National Institute of Education (NIE)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Muhammad Ariff Ahmad Postgraduate Scholarship is targeted for MA scholarship is open for Singaporean students and PhD scholarship and research grants are available to all students regardless of nationality.
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: Masters Degree – $10,000 ; Doctor of Philosophy – $15,000 ; Research Grant – up to $15,000
‣ Muhammad Ariff Ahmad Postgraduate Scholarship and Research Grant are initiated in honor of Dr Muhammad Ariff Ahmad, a highly-regarded Malay scholar whose encyclopedic knowledge and contributions in the fields of Malay literature, culture, education and language are pivotal in shaping and advancing Malay cultural studies in Singapore and the region.
‣ The MAS Postgraduate Scholarship and MAS Research Grant are dedicated to generate further Malay language, literature, education and culture corpuses by inviting applicants who are pursuing postgraduate studies in the relevant fields, and researchers who are embarking on academic explorations that elevate Malay cultural studies to cross-cultural and international discourses.
‣ MA candidates: Open to Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents with First Class or Second Class (Upper Division) Honours only.
‣ For PhD Candidates: Open to all with excellent academic record, regardless of nationality.
Research Grants: Open to all with excellent academic record, regardless of nationality and at least 2 years working experience in research.
‣ A very good command of Malay and English language.
‣ Applicants should not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary during the prescribed period of the MAS Scholarship.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15th February 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.