MRC-LSHTM West African Global Health Research Fellowship for EU applicants. Applications are open until 31 January 2014. Applications are invited for MRC/LSHTM West African Global Health research fellowship to appoint an outstanding early career postdoctoral researcher. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | UK and West Africa (Each Fellow will spend most of their time in the West Africa region, a part of which must be at the MRC Unit. Fellows are expected to spend a period, up to a maximum of 9 months, of their Fellowship based at the LSHTM.)
Level: Research(The Fellow will undertake an original research project in the West Africa region supported by two institutions.)
Field(s): Fellowship is awarded in the area of Global Health. The proposed research project must be aligned with the research objectives and strengths of the two host organisations.
Deadline: 31 January 2014.
Funded By: Medical Research Council Unit, Gambia (‘the Unit’) and the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (‘the LSHTM’)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): MRC/LSHTM West African Global Health Research Fellowship is targeted for EU applicants.
‣ Award No: One research fellowship will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: This research fellowship will be for up to three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The MRC-LSHTM West African Global Health Research Fellowship Programme is supported by a £1M award from the UK MRC, with partnership funding from the LSHTM. The Fellowship will include salary, research and training support costs. He/she will benefit from access to the exceptionally strong research and training resources of the two institutions and their partner organisations, and so enable them to accelerate their scientific and professional development.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
‣ The Medical Research Council Unit, Gambia (‘the Unit’) and the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (‘the LSHTM’) are seeking to appoint an outstanding early career post-doctoral researcher to a new MRC-LSHTM West African Global Health Research Fellowship.
‣ The MRC-LSHTM West African Global Health Research Fellowship Programme is supported by a £1M award from the UK MRC, with partnership funding from the LSHTM.
‣ The application process for two further Fellowships, for West African nationals to be employed by the Unit, has now closed; however, the Fellowship for an EU national (to be employed by the LSHTM) is now being re-advertised.
MRC-LSHTM West African Global Health Research Fellowship
‣ The Fellowship is open to EU nationals (see Notes) who are active clinical or non-clinical researchers with up to three years postdoctoral research experience at the application deadline date.
‣ Applicants should have experience of working and/or studying with the LSHTM, the Unit or both and must have the support of a member of staff at LSHTM.
‣ To be shortlisted for interview, an eligible applicant must demonstrate strong research capabilities appropriate to their career stage and that they can formulate a strong preliminary research proposal.
‣ Their capabilities and their potential to develop towards international research leadership will be further assessed at interview.
‣ Interviews will be held in April 2014. Successful candidates will receive a conditional offer of a fixed-period appointment with the LSHTM, which will be subject to final project details and terms and conditions of employment being agreed.
‣ The application form and accompanying documentation should be submitted as individual PDF files to Ms Mariatou Sallah, of the MRC Unit, Gambia, by email to waf-at-mrc.gm.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 January 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like