MO Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program for Africans , and applications are submitted from to 14 August 2017 to 15 October 2017. Applications are invited for Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program available for young professionals, mid-career and new executives from Africa. The Fellow will work with the Bank for this purpose for a period not exceeding twelve (12) months and the Foundation will finance the costs associated with the position. The Fellowship allows talented young professionals, mid-career and new executives to increase and enhance their professional capacity with the intention of contributing to the governance and development of their countries thereby creating a pipeline of future African leaders. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | The Fellow will perform the functions and duties of the position at the headquarters of the Bank in Abidjan, the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, or any other location from which the Bank carries out its operations.
Level: This one year fellowship programme is available for young professionals, mid-career and new executives.
Field(s): It is a leadership fellowship which allows talented individuals to increase and enhance their professional capacity, with the intention of contributing to the governance and development of their countries thereby creating a pipeline of future African leaders.
Deadline: from to 14 August 2017 to 15 October 2017
Funded By: : Mo Ibrahim Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): MO Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship is targeted for the Citizens of Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Cameroon,
Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Madagascar, Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, São Tomé & Príncipe, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe and South Sudan (applicants also need to be national of one of AfDB member countries).
‣ Scholarship Duration:2016 MO Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship is offered for twelve (12) months.
Foundation will finance the costs associated with the position on the
following terms: the fellow will receive an annual stipend monthly
paid by the Bank out of the funds provided by Foundation funds. The
Fellow may be required to travel to different locations on
instructions of the Bank. All expenses related to the Fellow’s
official mission travel, including travel insurance but excluding
travel and shipping costs relating to assumption of duty and
repatriation will be borne by the Bank.
‣ The Mo Ibrahim Foundation (the “Foundation”), is financing the MO Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship position in the Bank. The Fellow will perform the functions and duties of the position at the headquarters of the Bank in Abidjan, the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, or any other location from which the Bank carries out its operations. The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship Programme is a selective Fellowship that prepares the next generation of outstanding African leaders by providing them with unique work opportunities at the most senior level of prominent African institutions or multilateral organizations, whose mandate is to improve the economic and social prospects of Africa.
‣ The Fellowship allows talented individuals to increase and enhance their professional capacity, with the intention of contributing to the governance and development of their countries thereby creating a pipeline of future African leaders.
‣ The Fellow will work with the Bank for this purpose, for a period not exceeding twelve (12) months and the Foundation will finance the costs associated with the position.
and Responsibilities: The
Ibrahim Leadership Fellow will take leadership guidance from the
President, the Chief Operating Officer and/or a designated
Representative. Administratively, the Fellow will be assigned to the
Bank’s Strategy Department (STRG). With this guidance, the Fellow
will contribute to the design and implementation of strategic
assignments that will increase and enhance their professional and
leadership capacity, with the intention of contributing to the
governance and development of their countries. The Fellow will also
have the following responsibilities:
on and develop strategic initiatives to advance the Bank’s mission
‣ Plan, develop, and implement strategies for generating resources.
develop and promote innovations in Bank development policies.
activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and
status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in
accordance with current conditions.
‣ Undertake other duties as assigned.
Notification of MO Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship
‣ Successful candidate will be notified on January 2018.
‣ be national of an African country, residing anywhere in the world;
‣ should not be an active, non-active, retired, or separated staff member of the Bank;
‣ not have close family relations with an active or non-active staff member, such as mother, father, sister and brother.
‣ Government officials, active military personnel and political party leaders are not eligible;
‣ Under the age of Forty (40) years or Forty-Five (45) years for women with children;
‣ hold a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Economics, Engineering, Social Sciences, International Development, Business Administration, Finance, Banking or any discipline relevant to the Bank’s business: such as outstanding academic credentials, relevant work experience, strong communication skills, demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work with others ;
‣ have at least 7 years work experience relevant to the Bank’s activities;
‣ demonstrate proven leadership and consultative skills;
‣ have experience in strategic planning and execution ;
‣ demonstrate knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management;
‣ have enhanced skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures;
‣ have experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures;
‣ demonstrate ability to develop financial plans and manage resources;
‣ demonstrate ability to analyze and interpret financial data;
‣ top notch professional with private sector experience;
‣ strong writing and analytical skills;
‣ demonstrate ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
‣ demonstrate ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants should apply directly to the current hosts
Prospective fellows who meet the eligibility criteria should apply direct to the relevant institution using the links below.
The African Development Bank (AfDB)
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)
The International Trade Centre (ITC)
‣ Applications will only be considered if they are submitted on line with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)) indicating date of birth, nationality, education and relevant experience.
‣ Applicants must also attach copies of academic transcripts and three letters of recommendation.
‣ Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 October 2017
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
This article is sponsored by the book, "Cellulite FACTOR" from Dr. Charles.
Dr. Charles has been helping men and women permanently eliminate cellulite for most of his professional career. In fact and through the course of several years of relentless testing and refinement, Dr. Charles developed a comprehensive cellulite-eliminating system from A-to-Z. From purging toxins to transitioning to a healthy diet and lifestyle, this incredible resource has everything you need to fight and win the battle against cellulite. Find More==>[http://www.cellulitefactor.com]