MMDP Full Scholarships for Developing Countries in Netherlands, and applications are submitted till 16 January 2015. Dutch ministry of Foreign Affairs awards up to ten full scholarships to government officials from 40 developing countries with at least three years’ experience in the field of migration and/or asylum. Scholarships are available for three month Migration Management Diploma Programme (MMDP) at UNU-MERIT and MGSoG. To be eligible for this scholarship, participants must obtain support from their employers, in the form of a letter stating that they will still be employed and paid for the duration of the program me. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Netherlands
Level: Scholarships are awarded for Migration Management Diploma Programme (MMDP) at United Nations University-Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (UNU-MERIT) and Maastricht Graduate School of Governance (MGSoG).
Field(s): The programme includes three different courses: Migration management and protection, Migration and development and Migration Policy.
Deadline: 16 January 2015.
Funded By: Dutch ministry of Foreign Affairs
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): MMDP Full Scholarships are targeted for Students of Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, China, D.R.Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea-Conakry, India, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova,
Mongolia, Morocco, Nepal, Nigeria, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda and Yemen can apply for these scholarships.
‣ Award No: A maximum of 10 scholarships per year will be made available.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for a maximum of three months.
‣ Scholarship covers: Scholarship includes the following components:
‣ The Migration Management Diploma Programme (MMDP) is a three-month course designed for practitioners and civil servants working in the field of migration and/or asylum.
‣ Classes within MMDP are provided by world renowned scholars and practitioners such as Hein de Haas, Ronald Skeldon, Nicolaas de Zwaager and Anja Wiesbrok on a range of issues relating to migration.
‣ Moreover the MMDP aims to provide a platform for networking through field trips across Europe including a tour of Dutch Ministries in The Hague, EU institutions in Brussels, the UN and other intergovernmental agencies in Geneva, and Schiphol airport.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Applicants can register for the MMDP and apply for a scholarship via the online application form.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 16 January 2015.