Mitchell Scholarship is targeted for U.S. citizens of all ethnic, racial, religious, and political backgrounds is now open. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): The Universities and Institutions in Ireland and Northern Ireland | Ireland/ Northern Ireland
Level : Postgraduate Degree
Field(s): In any discipline, not only Irish Studies majors, and we welcome students of any and every background and ethnicity, not just Irish-Americans.
Deadline: October 1, 2013 at 5:00pm
Funded By: Mitchell Scholarship(Ireland/ Northern Ireland)
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Mitchell Scholarship is targeted for U.S. citizens of all ethnic, racial, religious, and political backgrounds
‣Award No: not specified
‣Scholarship Duration: 1 year of postgraduate study
‣ Scholarship Covers: Full Tuitition and accommodations provided
‣ The M Scholarships application for a year of postgraduate study in Ireland or Northern Ireland is now open. The deadline is October 1, 2013 at 5:00pm, and study will commence in the fall of 2014. We have made changes to the application aimed at making the application process easier and clearer.
All eligible candidates who are prepared to enter a rigorous Mitchell Scholarship competition are encouraged to apply.
Candidates for the Mitchell Scholarship Program must meet all the following criteria:
‣ Be U.S. citizens
‣ Be 18 years of age or older, but not yet 30, on September 30 of the year of application (those who turn 30 on 1 October are not eligible).
‣ Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university before beginning study as a Mitchell Scholar. Degrees from international accredited universities are acceptable, if all other conditions are met.
‣ While married applicants or applicants with partners are accepted, no allowance is made for the expenses of an applicant’s spouse, partner, or dependents. It is important to note that the relevant government agency may require spouses or partners who are non-EU citizens to enrol full-time and prove financial resources for the year or to obtain a work permit before seeking paid employment in Ireland or Northern Ireland.
‣ Please check with the Department of Foreign Affairs (Ireland) or the British Council (UK) for details.
Scholarship Application Method
A few tips and notes:
‣ Please read the Frequently Asked Questions section of our site very carefully before emailing us with questions.
‣ We still require a short video interview as part of the application process.
‣ When you think you are finished, read over your application one more time and/or ask someone else to proofread it. Spell check is not enough!
‣ We welcome students in any discipline, not only Irish Studies majors, and we welcome students of any and every background and ethnicity, not just Irish-Americans.
‣ The Universities and Institutions in Ireland and Northern Ireland are constantly adding and changing programs and offerings, so research your choices well.
‣ We have heard from many Mitchell Scholarship applicants -- both those who were ultimately selected as Scholars and those who were not -- that they learned an enormous amount from the application process about who they are and what they want. We hope you'll have the same experience.
Materials needed to complete the application
Materials you will need to complete the Mitchell Scholarship application:
‣ Passport-style photo (PDF)
‣ All transcripts scanned into a single PDF (please block out your Social Security number if visible). This should include any undergraduate and graduate work you have completed.
‣ Personal statement (1,000 words maximum – most applicants find it helpful to write this in advance). The personal statement or essay is your opportunity to share your personality, passion and drive with the selection committee that cannot be communicated elsewhere in the application materials. You will be required to affirm that this is your original work.
‣ A scan of your signature (PDF)
‣ Scholarship Application Due date:
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like