Mingma Norbu Sherpa Memorial Scholarships are offered at Lincoln University, New Zealand for students of Nepal. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Lincoln University| New Zealand
Level: Masters Degree
Field(s): natural resource management or tourism and the environment.
Deadline: 15th August 2013.
Funded By: Lincoln University, New Zealand
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Mingma Norbu Memorial Scholarships are targeted for students of Nepal.
‣ Award No: Two Mingma Norbu Sherpa Memorial Scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fully paid tuition for two years. - Student living allowance and insurance at Lincoln University for two years. - One round trip airfare Kathmandu to Christchurch New Zealand, and NZ visa fees. - OutwardBound New Zealand Leadership Course - Membership to Asia New Zealand Foundation – Young Leaders Network.
‣ Two Mingma Norbu Sh. Memorial Scholarships (MNSMS) are available for Nepalese students interested in pursuing a Masters Degree at Lincoln University, New Zealand.
‣ They are awarded for the purpose of encouraging post graduate study and research in natural resource management, tourism, and the environment to build conservation leadership in Nepal, inspired by and in memory of Mingma Norbu Sh.
‣ Applicants from remote mountain regions and women are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible for Mingma Norbu Sherpa Memorial Scholarships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ be Nepali nationals, resident in Nepal, and under the age of about 40 years.
‣ A four years Bachelors Degree is required in relevant fields such as Environmental Sciences, Forestry, Agricultural Sciences, Tourism, and preferably a local Masters degree.
‣ be able to demonstrate his/her recent English Language Proficiency by presenting an IELTS certificate of overall score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0.
‣ The scholarships are intended to support Nepalese who are committed to the future of environmental protection and sustainable natural resource management in Nepal.
‣ A two-page essay demonstrating a track record of having worked in these areas and future commitment to conservation in Nepal must accompany the application.
‣ The MNSMS is governed by Lincoln University regulations.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply: An application letter with one passport size photograph, two-page essay and CV with contact information (original home address, current email and telephone numbers) plus copies of all relevant supporting documents must be e-mailed to lisa-at-mos.com.np.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 15 August 2013.
‣ Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
You may also like