Mexican Government Scholarship Program for Foreign Students , and applications are submitted till 23 September 2016.Applications are invited for Mexican Government scholarship program available for foreign students. Scholarships for academic studies are offered for those who preferred to take complete programs for Specialization, Master’s or PhD Degrees and Postgraduate Researches. Likewise, the offer includes academic mobility for Bachelor’s and Postgraduate Degree. On the other hand, the scholarships for special programs are offered to take short-term fellowships addressed to Visiting Professors, Researchers in Mexico’s issues, Media Contributors, Art Production Fellowships, etc. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Mexico
Level: Specialization, Master’s or PhD Degrees, and Postgraduate Research. Likewise, the offer includes academic mobility for Bachelor’s and Postgraduate Degree
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded to study any one of the courses available at participating Mexican institutions except Business administration, Plastic surgery, accounting, marketing, dentistry and advertising.
Deadline: 23 September 2016
Funded By: Mexican Government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Mexican Government Scholarship Program are targeted for International Students: Scholarship is open for the students of North America (United States, Canada and Canada / Province of Quebec), Caribbean (Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Puerto Rico (Commonwealth), Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago), Asia (Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Kingdom of, China, People’s Rep., India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Democratic Rep., Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Pakistan, Islamic Rep. of, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Kingdom of Timor – Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Socialist Rep. of), Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Saharawi, Arab Rep., Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) Latin America (Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela) Europe (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Finland, France,
Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and Ukraine)
Pacific (Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji Islands, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Independent State, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu), Middle East (Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestinian National Authority, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen) and Non- Self- Governing Territories (American Samoa, Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Gibraltar, Guam, Montserrat, New Caledonia, Pitcairn, Saint Helena, Tokelau, Turks and Caicos Islands and United States Virgin Islands).
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Undergraduate and graduate academic mobility programs- one academic term (quarter, trimester or semester) -Graduate research and postdoctoral fellowships-12 months (1 month minimum) -Specialization-1 year -Master’s degree- 2 Years -Doctorate- 3 years -Medical specialties and subspecialties- 3 Years
‣ Scholarship covers: This Mexican Government Scholarship Program covers Registration fees and tuition, as established by the program at each institution. -Health insurance from the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS), starting in the third month of the scholarship. (The scholarship recipient must have health insurance that covers both major and minor medical expenses and provides international coverage for the first three months in Mexico.) -Transportation from Mexico City to the host institution and back at the start and end of the scholarship, if studying outside of Mexico City. -Monthly stipend of $8,074.80 Mexican pesos (equivalent to USD$595.934) for undergraduate mobility scholarships, specializations, master’s degrees or master’s degree research, Spanish language and Mexican culture courses. -Monthly stipend of $10,093.50 Mexican pesos (equivalent to USD$744.912) for doctoral studies and research, postdoctoral fellowships and medical specializations and sub specializations.
‣ Mexican Cultural diplomacy has worked for decades in several successful programs, one of which is undoubtedly the formation of human capital through Mexican Government Scholarship Program for obtaining academic degrees and conducting research in various areas of knowledge.
‣ The General Directorate for Cultural Affairs through the Directorate for Academic Exchange, designs and manages the Scholarship Program for Foreigners of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
‣ The Mexico Government Scholarships mention two ways: the academic scholarships and grants for special programs.
‣ The academic scholarships are offered for full programs at specialty, master’s, doctoral and conduct research at the graduate level.
‣ The Mexican Government Scholarship Program offer also includes academic mobility in the undergraduate and graduate levels.
‣ For its part, grants for special programs are for short stay visitors aimed at teachers, researchers in Mexico issues, media partners and stays of artistic creation, among others.
‣ Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree, as required by the program for which the scholarship is requested.
‣ Minimum grade point average of eight (8.0) on a scale of 0 to 10, or the equivalent, for the last academic degree received.
‣ Be accepted to or currently enrolled in a program at one of the participating Mexican institutions.
Selection Criteria for Mexican Government Scholarship Program
‣ Academic excellence of the candidate in the intended area of study.
‣ The intended field of study in Mexico is related to the applicant’s academic and job history.
‣ The area of study is important to and has a direct impact on the development of the applicant’s country.
‣ The program must relate to specific current or approved projects that have an impact on the development of the applicant’s country.
‣ The results will be announced starting in November 2014 by Mexico’s diplomatic offices abroad.
‣ The entire scholarship application process must be done at the Mexican or concurrent embassy for the applicant’s country.
directorio of embassies:
‣ The applicant must submit the documents in the following order:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 23 September 2016
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.