Merit Scholarships for International Students at Indiana University- Purdue University Indianapolis in USA , and applications are submitted till 1st November (fall honours) and October 1(spring). Applications are invited for merit scholarships available for international undergraduate students to study at Indiana University- Purdue University Indianapolis. All scholarships require full-time enrollment (12 credit hours or more per semester) in the fall and spring semesters. There are six types of scholarships: IUPUI Chancellor’s Non-Resident Scholarship, Dean’s Recognition Scholarship, Valedictorian and Salutatorian Scholarships, IUPUI Service Award, International Ambassador Award and ELS Freshman Ambassador Award. Each and every scholarship is available for the duration of 4 years. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Undergraduate Program
Field(s): any courses available at university.
Deadline: 1st November (fall honours) and October 1, (spring).
Funded By: Indiana University- Purdue University Indianapolis
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Merit Scholarships for International Students are targeted for International students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Each and every scholarship is available for the duration of 4 years.
‣ Scholarship covers: IUPUI Chancellor’s Non-Resident Scholarship- Up to $48,000 ($12,000 x 4 years) -Dean’s Recognition Scholarship- Up to $44,000 ($11,000 x 4 years) -Valedictorian and Salutatorian Scholarships-Up to $40,000 ($10,000 x 4 years) -IUPUI Service Award-Up to $28,000 ($7,000 x 4 years) -International Ambassador Award-Up to $28,000 ($7,000 x 4 years) -ELS Freshman Ambassador Award -Up to $20,000 ($5,000 x 4 years)
‣ IUPUI offers many Merit Scholarships for International Students opportunities for international students.
‣ They are: IUPUI Chancellor’s Non-Resident Scholarship-Students who have applied for admission by December 1, have a minimum high school GPA of 3.75 (on a 4.0 scale), and have a minimum 1250 SAT (for the mathematics and critical reading scores) or 28 ACT composite score may be eligible for this scholarship.
‣ Dean’s Recognition Scholarship- Students who have a minimum high school GPA of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) and who score 1200 or higher on the SAT (total represents Critical Reading and Math scores only; international students from non-English speaking countries must have a minimum SAT Math score of 600).
‣ Valedictorian and Salutatorian Scholarships- Students who have applied for admission by March 1, who are ranked first or second in their high school class may qualify for this scholarship. Students considered for this scholarship must graduate from a class of 25 or more students.
‣ IUPUI Service Award- Students who have a minimum high school GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale), score 1050 or higher on the SAT (total represents Critical Reading and Math scores only) or have an ACT score of 23 or higher may be eligible for this scholarship. To be considered for renewal, students must maintain a 2.75 GPA.
‣ International Ambassador Award- Students who have a GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) and must be admitted as beginning freshmen by May 1st for the fall semester and submit one of the following: a minimum iBT TOEFL score of 80, a minimum SAT Critical Reading Score of 450, or an IELTS score of 6.0.
‣ ELS Freshman Ambassador Award- Students who successfully complete Level 112 at ELS Language Centers may be eligible for this award. Recipients must volunteer for 15 hours of service at IUPUI events annually.
‣ This scholarship is only available for the Fall enrollment period. Note: Students who also meet the Chancellor’s Non-Resident Scholarship criteria above will receive an additional $4,000 for a total award of $14,000 annually.
‣ Only available to beginning freshmen who will pay non-resident fees at IUPUI
‣ If you take the SAT or ACT examination more than once, the highest scores will be used for scholarship consideration.
‣ Funds provided by these scholarships do not cover intensive English as a Second Language study.
‣ Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit.
‣ Beginning international freshman are automatically considered for the merit scholarships at the time of application to IUPUI. A separate scholarship application is not required.
‣ Scholarship Applications deadlines are: