Merit-Based Global Health Scholarship Program in USA, and applications are submitted till 15th July (every year). NurseJournal.org is awarding global health scholarship for online & campus based education program. One $3,000 merit-based scholarship is awarded every year to deserving Global Health candidates. Scholarship may be awarded to anyone who is currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate level, global health related program in nursing, medicine, or public health. International students are welcome to apply if they are currently be enrolled in a qualified program. All military are welcome. Full details:
‣ NurseJournal.org offers one deserving student each year this Merit-Based Global Health Scholarship to help reach their educational goals.
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: undergraduate or graduate program
Field(s): for global health related program in Nursing, Public Health, or Medicine.
Deadline: 15th July (every year).
Funded By: NurseJournal.org
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Merit-Based Global Health Scholarship is targeted for US and international students
‣ Award No: One scholarship is awarded each year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarship award needs to be paid in one full, $3,000 payment by check directly to a qualifying nursing or global health educational program, such as a four-year university. The award must be paid within 3-months of notification to the winner.
‣ Scholarship covers: This $3,000 merit-based Global Health Scholarship is awarded to a student to pay for the costs of their online or campus based education.
‣ NurseJournal.org is pleased to announce the first ever Global
Health Scholarship for Online & Campus based education program candidates.
‣ They will offer one $3,000 merit-based scholarship every year to deserving Global Health candidates.
‣ This merit-based Global Health Scholarship is awarded to a student to pay for the costs of their online or campus based education.
‣ It may be awarded to anyone who is currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate level, global health related program in nursing, medicine, or public health.
‣ International students are welcome to apply if they are currently be enrolled in a qualified program.
‣ All military are welcome.
‣ Students who are participating in any type of Global Health program may qualify for this scholarship including nurses, public health workers and physicians.
‣ Winning applicants for The NurseJournal.org Global Health Scholarship are evaluated by overall merit and quality of the scholarship essay in addition to the other criteria below. Financial need is not a consideration for this scholarship.
‣ The winner of the annual Merit-Based Global Health Scholarship will be chosen by the administrative staff of NurseJournal.org based upon the overall merit of their registration.
‣ Candidates are judged on formal registration and the written essay portion. Registration is weighted 25%, Essay 50%, and Work History and Activities at 25%.
‣ Additional considered criteria are: GPA (min 3.2 on a 4.0 scale), Extra-curricular activities, Employment history. The criteria considered in the written essay is your ability to write a strong answer that directly answers the global health question that is presented.
‣ You will also need to provide insights based upon facts to support any claims you make.
‣ The winner of the Global Health Scholarship shall be notified by email and regular mail within thirty days of the application deadline.
‣ After the winner is chosen, the candidate will be requested to provide transcripts from their most recent college or university to verify their GPA.
‣ If the candidate cannot provide this documentation, or if the GPA is different from the GPA that was claimed on the application, NurseJournal.org reserves the right to revoke the scholarship and give it to another deserving applicant.
‣ The scholarship recipients’ name may be posted on a page of the NurseJournal.org website.
‣ Global Health candidates who are interested must submit the formal application and essay. The essay is 800-1000 words, submitted through the form online.
‣ The 500-800 word essay for the Global Health Scholarship will ask the candidate to address the following: There is an urgent need for global health professionals to address delivery strategies for the provision of critical health services both domestic and abroad.
‣ What kind of skills do you think are necessary to be an effective global health professional in the face of a pandemic? Essay must be formatted properly.
‣ If students are not currently enrolled in a nursing or global health related program, student will need to be enrolled before you apply.
‣ Letters of recommendation are neither required nor accepted.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15th July 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.