MEPI Tomorrows Leaders Scholarship for applicants from or Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Tunisia, and Yemen. Applications are open until December 31, 2013. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of AUB, AUC, or LAU; a study abroad experience in the U.S. | USA, Lebanon and Egypt
Field(s): The scholarship is provided to learn any of the courses offered by for university at AUB, AUC, or LAU; a study abroad experience in the U.S
Deadline: December 31, 2013.
Funded By: The U.S. Department of State’s Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) and AMIDEAST
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): MEPI Tomorrows Leaders Scholarship is targeted for Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Tunisia, and Yemen.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Duration of scholarship is four years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Participation in the program includes: travel, academic fees for four years of university at AUB, AUC, or LAU, a study abroad experience in the U.S., accident and sickness insurance, housing, and a monthly allowance during the school year
MEPI Tomorrows Leaders Scholarship
‣ Eligible students include men and women who represent the region’s cultural, religious, and geographic diversity and are from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds, which could otherwise gain admission to, but would be unable to afford, four years of college.
‣ Tomorrow’s Leaders scholarship recipients should be prepared to begin the program in the fall 2014 term.
‣ The primary objective of MEPI’s Tomorrow’s Leaders scholarship program is to build a cadre of university-age leaders who are civic-minded, intellectually able, and professionally skilled, who will become the community, business, and national leaders of the future.
‣ The program intends to nurture leadership skills and the spirit of civic engagement and volunteerism among outstanding university-age students at the American University of Beirut, the American University in Cairo, and the Lebanese American University.
‣ Selected students will join the 165 Tomorrow’s Leaders already studying at these universities.
‣ Scholarship recipients may pursue an undergraduate degree in a selected field at one of the three host institutions. In addition to their studies, recipients will be expected to engage in community service activities and participate in internships.
‣ Limited English- language training will be provided for some participants
‣ This MEPI Tomorrows Leaders Scholarship is open to high school graduates from traditionally undeserved communities in the Middle East and North Africa, who are qualified but unable to afford a college education.
‣ Students enroll at the undergraduate level in a four-year program. Applicants must be citizens of Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Tunisia, and Yemen, and cannot hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. Legal Permanent Resident.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
‣ High school senior or applicant who graduated from high school in 2014;
‣ Strong academic credentials; -Proficiency in written and spoken English. Test scores of the Institutional TOEFL (ITP) that is less than two years old will be used to determine eligibility;
‣ Maturity, flexibility and leadership potential; and -Ability to start the program in August/September of 2014.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online here (https://apply.amideast.org/tleaders/)
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 December 2013.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more Information about MEPI Tomorrows Leaders Scholarship
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Libya, Middle East, north africa, Schloarship, students, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
Your first paragraph ...