Memorial Scholarships (Frank Lanza) applications are opened for international students to apply. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): regionally accredited community College | USA
Level: Associate, Bachelor’s or Master’s Degrees.
Field(s): Nursing, respiratory care or emergency medical service.
Deadline: 30 April 2013.
Funded by: CAE Healthcare, AACC and Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is Open for International Students.
Benefit( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: about 20 Scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: All scholarships will be disbursed in one payment, taking place upon confirmation of the recipient’s enrolment in a minimum of six semester hours at a regionally accredited community college in an eligible degree program
‣ Scholarship covers:Up to 20 scholarships of $2,500 each will be awarded in 2013, for a total of $50,000 in scholarships.
‣ The Frank Lanza Memorial Scholarships recognize the outstanding academic and leadership accomplishments of students who are enrolled in regionally accredited community college programs in registered nursing, respiratory care or emergency medical services.
To be eligible for Memorial Scholarships (Frank Lanza), candidates need to meet the following criteria:
‣ Applicants need not be members of Phi Theta Kappa to apply.
‣ Candidates must have completed by June 2013 at least 50 percent of course work in an associate degree registered nursing, respiratory care or emergency medical services program at a regionally accredited community college. Students selected as Frank Lanza Scholars will be required to submit verification.
‣ Applicants must provide documentation of enrolment in a minimum of six semester hours for the fall 2013 semester at a regionally accredited community college in an associate degree registered nursing, respiratory care or emergency medical services program.
‣ Part-time students, full-time students and international students are eligible to apply. ‣ Students with previous associate, bachelor’s or master’s degrees are eligible to apply.
‣ Pre-major students and certificate students are ineligible to apply.
‣ The director of the program in which the applicant is enrolled (registered nursing, respiratory care or emergency medical services) must complete the Institutional Certification and Eligibility Form by the application deadline.
‣ Failure to submit this form will result in an incomplete application.
‣ Applicants must post a minimum of a 3.00 cumulative grade point average out of a possible 4.0 on all course work at the time of application, with no courses marked as incomplete.
‣ The student must hold temporary or permanent residency in the country of the community college the student is attending or possess a visa considered appropriate by the college.
‣ The applicant’s record must be free from suspension, probation or other disciplinary action. ‣ The applicant’s record must be free from any criminal conduct or if the applicant is a convicted felon, he or she must have completed all conditions of sentencing, including probation.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by April 30, 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like