McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism in USA , and Applications will generally be accepted twice a year — in the spring and the fall. The upcoming fall deadline is December 15, 2017; spring applications will be due May 31, 2018.Applications are invited for Mc Graw Fellowship to support in-depth, ambitious coverage of critical issues related to the global economy and business. The Mc Graw Fellowship provides editorial and financial support to journalists who need the time and resources to produce a significant story that provides fresh insight into an important business or economic topic. The fellowship is open to anyone with at least five years professional experience in journalism. Freelance journalists, as well as reporters and editors currently working at a news organization, may apply. The stipend of $5,000 a month for up to three months is provided. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: It is a three month fellowship program for journalists.
Field(s): Fellowship supports in-depth, ambitious coverage of critical issues related to the global economy and business.
Deadline:Applications will generally be accepted twice a year — in the spring and the fall. The upcoming fall deadline is December 15, 2017; spring applications will be due May 31, 2018
Funded By: The McGraw Center for Business Journalism
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): McGraw Fellowship is targeted for Both foreign and American journalists
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship is awarded for three months.
‣ Scholarship covers: The stipend — $5,000 a month for up to three months — is intended to cover travel and research expenses incurred in reporting the stories and to assist with the Fellows’ living expenses. Where travel or other expenses are exceptionally high, they will consider covering additional expenses approved in advance.
‣ The Harold W. McGraw, Jr. Center for Business Journalism, a new initiative established at theCity University of New York Graduate School of Journalism, began offering Fellowships to accomplished business journalists in the spring of 2018.
‣ Three veteran journalists were awarded grants of up to $15,000 as the first recipients of the McGraw Fellowship; several more will be named in late fall.
‣ The aim of the Mc Graw Fellowship for Business Journalism is to support in-depth, ambitious coverage of critical issues related to the global economy and business.
‣ In an age when many news organizations no longer have the resources to tackle complex, time-consuming stories, the Fellowships enable experienced journalists to do the deep reporting needed to produce a serious piece of investigative, analytic, or narrative journalism.
‣ Freelance journalists, as well as reporters and editors currently working at a news organization, may apply.
‣ Applicants should submit a well-focused story proposal of no more than three pages through the accompanying online form.
‣ Think of it as pitch, much like you would submit to an editor at a newspaper, magazine, digital outlet, or radio station: give us enough preliminary reporting and documentation to demonstrate that the story is solid.
‣ The proposal should highlight what’s new and significant about the story, why it matters and what its potential impact might be.
‣ If the subject has been covered elsewhere, it should note where those stories have run and how the proposed piece would differ.
‣ Applicants should also outline a proposed reporting plan and a timeline for completing the story, and let us know if a media outlet has indicated interest in the story or has committed to run it. In addition, applicants should enclose three journalism samples.
‣ The samples should be professionally published work that showcases your ability to tackle an in-depth story in the proposed medium.
‣ Please also provide with a resume and references from two editors or others familiar with your work.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: Applications will generally be accepted twice a year — in the spring and the fall. The upcoming fall deadline is December 15, 2017; spring applications will be due May 31, 2018
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.