Max Weber Fellowships are offered in the social sciences and humanities for Internationals annually. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): The Max Weber Programme is hosted in the beautiful Villa La Fonte and involves additional academic activities in the EUI departments | Italy
Level: Postdoctoral Fellowships
Field(s): In the social sciences and humanities.
Deadline: 25 October 2013
Funded By: European Commission (DG Education and Culture)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Max Weber Fellowships targeted for all nationalities.
‣ Award No: About 40-45 Max Weber Fellowships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Fellowships are awarded for 12 or 24 months. Candidates should indicate the preferred period in their application. The EUI reserves the right to award 12 months instead of a request for 24 months due to the high demand for MWP Fellowships. The period will be indicated in the award letter. If a Fellow leaves before the Fellowship ends (before late July),
the grant will be accordingly interrupted and no grant will be paid for the month of August.
‣ Scholarship covers: The basic grant is € 2,000 per month. Successful applicants who receive other grants or salaries must disclose this to the EUI.
‣ Max Weber fellowships are designed for junior post-docs who would like to pursue an academic career, concentrate on their own research and enhance their academic practice in a multidisciplinary environment.
‣ Max W Fellowships are for 1 or 2 years and are open to candidates who have received a doctorate in the social sciences (economics, law, political science, sociology, history and related fields) within the last 5 years.
To avail Max Weber Fellowships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ Candidates who have received their PhD or officially been accepted for defense by the time of the start of the programme (1 September).
‣ Candidates are eligible during the five-year period following the successful completion of their Ph.D.
‣ For example, to apply for 2014/2015 you should have received or submitted your Ph.D. between 1/9/2009 and 1/9/2014 and the Ph.D. defense should take place no later than 31/12/2014.
‣ Extensions to the five-year rule are allowed for applicants whose academic career has been interrupted for maternity leave, illness or mandatory military service.
‣ Cite circumstances in the application in the field ‘Additional Notes’.
‣ Successful candidates will be asked to provide supporting documents.
‣ EUI graduates can only apply for Max Weber Fellowships after having been away from the EUI and in a full-time occupation or with another fellowship for at least one year after defending their Ph.D.
‣ Candidates of all nationalities are eligible for the Max Weber Fellowships.
‣ Fellows are selected on the basis of their research accomplishments and potential, their academic career interests, and the availability of the EUI faculty to provide mentorship.
‣ Research accomplishments and potential: Research excellence is assessed on the basis of the candidate’s contributions (publications, PhD thesis, etc.) and other supporting evidence (i.e. letters of reference and research plan).
‣ Academic career interests are assessed on the basis of the CV, the ‘Research and an academic career statement’ and other supporting evidence (i.e. letters of reference), with the aim of assigning Max Weber Fellowships to those candidates, satisfying the research excellence criteria and committed to an academic career, who can benefit the most from the Max Weber Programme, oriented towards the early stages of the post-doc academic career.
‣ The capacity and availability of EUI faculty to provide mentorship is taken into account; however, while having common research interests may be helpful, it is not a necessity for mentorship.
‣ Applications for self-funded fellowships are considered on a first-come basis for as long as there is capacity in the Max Weber Programme.
‣ Candidates will be informed of the results by email at latest by the end of January.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The mode of applying is online here now
‣ The applications (CV, Career Statement and proof of funding, all in PDF format) should be sent directly to externally-funded-mwf-at-eui.eu.
‣ Two confidential letters of reference (also in PDF) should be sent directly by the referees to the same email address.
‣ Candidates with their own funding are also welcome to apply and will be selected following the same criteria and procedures.
‣ They can do so either by applying for a self-funded fellowship only by the deadline or by indicating on the application form when applying for a funded Fellowship, that they wish to be considered (also) for a self-funded fellowship. (Use the field “Additional remarks” in the application form to state that funding is either not requested or that you are applying to other sources of funding to participate in the Max Weber Programme).
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date:The next deadline for applications is 25 October 2013 for the academic year 2014/2015 but applications for self-funded fellowships will be considered until 25 March 2014.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, 2015, Featured, Fellowships, Humanities, International, Italy, Postdoctoral, research, Social Sciences
Your first paragraph ...